Vienna, Austria anyone?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. BAW

ONE love, blood, life
My older brother and his wife will soon be visiting Vienna, Austria..he will be there on business, she's just tagging along.....would like to give them some info on what to see and what not to waste their time on...they will be there during the week of 05/15 to 22nd...what's the weather at the time, eateries, sites, any thoughts from anyone?????

Thanks,

Mr. BAW

i have been there - i saw a lot of things - stephan's cathedral, kunhistoric museum, and scrohbun(sp) palace and many other things - and there is hofburg palace too.. one park too the name of which i forgot..

nice place vienna

and i met hiphop too

you can check out various websites too ..or ask hiphop..

temperature this time of the year should be ok... when i was there...it was subzero temperature most of the day

Mr. BAW said:
My older brother and his wife will soon be visiting Vienna, Austria..he will be there on business, she's just tagging along.....would like to give them some info on what to see and what not to waste their time on...they will be there during the week of 05/15 to 22nd...what's the weather at the time, eateries, sites, any thoughts from anyone?????

Thanks,

Mr. BAW

Hi! :wave:

The temperature during that week will likely be around 20 degrees celsius :)wink: ).

Well, places to visit here would be the Stephansdom (generally the 1st district -> there are also plenty restaurants, but a bit pricey...), Sch?nbrunn (a palace and the world's oldest zoo), the Kunsthistorisches(art) and Naturhistorisches (nature) museums, the Wurstelprater (entertainment park with the Riesenrad).......

If you need more information, drop me an email!! :D

i thought this thread was gonna be about you taking us to austria :angry:

:wink: :p

I lived in one of the Vienna suburbs (Aspern) for a while. I love Vienna, it's a nice, old European city. The palace is nice if you like that sort of thing and the gardens behind it are really nice in the summertime. The cathedral and the area around it is nice as well, and if you have time to drive out of Vienna for a day or two, that's worthwhile as the Austrian countryside is lovely. I also lived in Burgenland for a while, that's the southeastern part of Austria and it was really beautiful and picturesque.

What's sad is that the biggest thing I remember about Vienna is that I rode my first pony there. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom