Video iPod

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MandyMarie

Acrobat
Can you load your dvd boots on it, and is it pretty easy to do so? What about the licensed video dvds?

Sorry if it's a dumb question, still trying to decide whether I should get the video iPod or a different one.

MandyMarie said:
Can you load your dvd boots on it, and is it pretty easy to do so? What about the licensed video dvds?

Sorry if it's a dumb question, still trying to decide whether I should get the video iPod or a different one.

you have to convert the video to the format that is allowed for the video iPod, but it can be done. You just need to find a program that will do the file conversion for you.

While we're at it, any video can be put into your iPod video, as long as it is the right format. The codecs are in Quicktime 7. Conversion from DVD to this format is probably going to be a bit more difficult, that's all.

Melon

:eyebrow: So much to learn... Thanks for sharing, does anyone know of a good tutorial that will help me learn about all this stuff? I'm clueless! I downloaded most of the Tel Aviv concert from a link provided in 'Music On The Internet', but it said Windows cannot read the file and needs an extension, someone suggested converting to MP3 format, but I'm clueless on that too. Anyone care to write a "...For Dummies" edition on all this stuff? :wink:

Have you tried going to your local Apple store?....they provide classes for this units for free...check the website.
Good times!

This was completely ignored in another thread but....

www . podtropolis . com

It's a torrent site that exclusively shares videos that are formatted for the new ipods.

Thanks for that site ..... I sent it to my son cuz he has the new video iPod and he says THANKS!

I just got a new U2 iPod that I am playing with today :wink:

inmyplace13 said:
This was completely ignored in another thread but....

www . podtropolis . com

It's a torrent site that exclusively shares videos that are formatted for the new ipods.

thanks IMP!

....how does this work/how do you do it?.....I've never tried Torrents before......:reject:

well you need to download a client such as BitTorrent or Azureus to download the torrents. Might I recommend Azureus?

hxxp://www.download.com/Azureus-BitTorrent-Client/3000-2196_4-10415144.html?tag=lst-0-1

When you download the torrent, use that program and it should work like a charm

Back
Top Bottom