Victory Beach, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See you, cin. :wave:

I'm about to get my lazy arse into gear and make some pizza. Mmm, homemade pizza.

'Twas pretty good, Bonnie. Plus cooking after almost a week of not doing any doesn't feel like a tedious chore.

How'd those biscuits of yours turn out?

Cooking every meal every day gets damn boring. But Mum did all the food over the last week - quite frankly, I wasn't in any condition to be cooking for some of that week! I'm doing pretty well now, though I still feel horrendously nauseous every time I have to lean over or bend down.

Might take advantage of the fact I'm not totally bored with cooking right now and bake some muffins in the coming days. Not that I have anywhere to put them, since Mum's left me with one bloody full freezer.

Oh yeah, did you have your surgery? Sorry I haven't been around much recently, it's just like that in Minlaton.

I don't like cooking every day either, mainly because I'm not a good cook. In the city I don't do much cooking, but in the country I sort of have to.

Oh yeah, did you have your surgery? Sorry I haven't been around much recently, it's just like that in Minlaton.

I don't like cooking every day either, mainly because I'm not a good cook. In the city I don't do much cooking, but in the country I sort of have to.

:lol: When I was updating the post stats, I noticed yours had become lesser lately and I was wondering where you got to. Yeah, surgery was last Friday, but I bounced back really quickly and came home Saturday morning. There has been very little pain. Nausea was initially not present much either, but has developed over the last couple of days. I think the primary cause was over-exerting myself yesterday morning. I'm meant to rest, so Mum and I just did short trips out into the country, but at the Organ Pipes National Park, we walked the trails to the rock formations there, and the steep trail back did me no favours. Oh well. I'd still say I'm in a pretty good condition; definitely better than I thought I'd be after surgery.

And as I've said a bazillion times before and probably needn't repeat, I'd be happier cooking daily if it weren't just for me.

:lol: When I was updating the post stats, I noticed yours had become lesser lately and I was wondering where you got to. Yeah, surgery was last Friday, but I bounced back really quickly and came home Saturday morning. There has been very little pain. Nausea was initially not present much either, but has developed over the last couple of days. I think the primary cause was over-exerting myself yesterday morning. I'm meant to rest, so Mum and I just did short trips out into the country, but at the Organ Pipes National Park, we walked the trails to the rock formations there, and the steep trail back did me no favours. Oh well. I'd still say I'm in a pretty good condition; definitely better than I thought I'd be after surgery.

And as I've said a bazillion times before and probably needn't repeat, I'd be happier cooking daily if it weren't just for me.

Yeah, sorry - I've been meaning to stay for longer periods, but my internet is pretty up and down, and when it is working I tend to play games instead, simply because I can't do that in Adelaide.

Wow, that sounds like some of that would have been excruciating. Glad you seem fighting fit, though.

Yeah, sorry - I've been meaning to stay for longer periods, but my internet is pretty up and down, and when it is working I tend to play games instead, simply because I can't do that in Adelaide.

Wow, that sounds like some of that would have been excruciating. Glad you seem fighting fit, though.

Ah, fair enough. I was just slightly worried that maybe you weren't present so much because maybe unpleasant things had happened, since it seemed your posting had decreased rather suddenly. But then again, I wasn't around all too much for a few days either (I've not topped five consecutive threads!), so that could've been a false perception. Glad it was.

Honestly, it hasn't been bad at all. Besides asking Mum to do a few things for me when I would've otherwise had to lean down, I've been pretty much just like normal since Monday. Well, perhaps I tell a lie, since I've had to keep dabbing my nose due to blood leakage. That minor inconvenience aside (and it seems to have mostly stopped today) though, I think I've done well. Nausea most of the time seems best ignored.

Someone help me decide, I went to bed without eating dinner last night, so I'm pretty hungry, should I wait half an hour til the cafeteria opens, or should I just have soup?

Organ Pipes ftw. :up:

Why am I not shocked you're familiar with Organ Pipes? :wink:

It was pretty cool there. Just wish I'd gone on a nicer day as my photography looks a bit dull thanks to all the cloud cover. And due to my camera's suckage, but that's another problem entirely.

Now I'm just pissed Mum's gone home and I can't head to any more national parks or other interesting places in a terrible hurry.

Why am I not shocked you're familiar with Organ Pipes? :wink:

It was pretty cool there. Just wish I'd gone on a nicer day as my photography looks a bit dull thanks to all the cloud cover. And due to my camera's suckage, but that's another problem entirely.

Now I'm just pissed Mum's gone home and I can't head to any more national parks or other interesting places in a terrible hurry.

I've been there at least two or three times... with field trips, and once I took one of my English relatives there. It's not the most spectacular place on earth, but the rocks are doing funky things there.

I think you've been lucky the weather hasn't been warmer, all things considered.

I've been looking for an excuse to go to Healsville...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom