Victor Wooten's Guitar Battle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've seen him in concert (Flecktones) and he is simply incredible and I still find it hard to wrap my brain around his immense virtousity. He had a 10-minute bass solo that was just insane. Started with a nice groove, then added harmonic loops on top of that, then a melody, and then a little percussion (all on just his bass), then he started detuning his bass guitar as he played and played it like a drum kit, and after a while slowly started retuning it (at this point the audience is trying to figure out what he's doing it) and then after a while he just comes right back around to playing the starting groove with harmony and melody on top. One of those things that's hard to explain, but I have to tell you when he broke out of retuning and into playing the original groove again, everyone was struggling to pick their jaw up off the floor. People were turning to each other, whether they knew that person or not, and trying to check if they actually saw what they just saw. :D

The video clip is cool, and shows just a little bit of the immense technical prowess Vic has. But one thing the clip doesn't show is that he is far more than just a technical wizard - he also is an incredible musician who can truly play in any style and knows just what to play to suit the music.

Enough fanboy gushing. :D

I totally agree, he's amazing, the Flecktones gave a show in Mexico like 1 month ago... I didn't go :(

thanks for this clip :up:

Back
Top Bottom