VH1: The Channel (Shows, Specials, "Top 100" and more!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
namkcuR said:
And You Ought To Know is the best they can do for Alanis? Hand In My Pocket? Ironic? Head Over Heels? Thank U? Uninvited?

I think you're spot on with some of the ommissions, but I think You Oughta Know was the only choice they could have made for Alanis.

That song was a massive phemonenon, and it made her into the name everyone knew. Maybe not her best song, but like it or not (and that includes you, Alanis), that was the right song to pick for this list.

Anyone see the VH1 Classic channel's "series" Seven Ages of Rock? I caught Stadium Rock last night, which was mainly Queen, Springsteen, The Police, a little Kiss & Zeppelin and ended with U2 :up:

I think part 7 had quite a bit of Oasis if anyone is interested. Still need to catch up to part 6 (recorded out of order, grr)

If I can get both DVR and VH1 Classic by upgrading to digital cable, then it might be time to upgrade. :hmm:

Lila64 said:
Anyone see the VH1 Classic channel's "series" Seven Ages of Rock? I caught Stadium Rock last night, which was mainly Queen, Springsteen, The Police, a little Kiss & Zeppelin and ended with U2 :up:

I think part 7 had quite a bit of Oasis if anyone is interested. Still need to catch up to part 6 (recorded out of order, grr)

I saw most of the episodes. They were really good, but I was kind of surprised they didn't have a single mention of Radiohead in part 7. How do you talk about British rock from the past 15-20 years without mentioning them?

lots of bands "missing" from each era. I forgot they mentioned Dire Straits in the Stadium Rock edition. I didn't realize they were that huge :shrug:

Just catching up to the Alternative one, part 6 I believe. Lots of Nirvana & R.E.M. Then I fell asleep, so I stopped the recording to watch later. Perhaps Radiohead was mentioned there? :shrug:
Still missing part 1 as well...

Lila64 said:
lots of bands "missing" from each era. I forgot they mentioned Dire Straits in the Stadium Rock edition. I didn't realize they were that huge :shrug:

I think Dire Straits were a stadium rock act for only about 2.5 seconds before the masses forgot about them, so it seems a little strange that they were included.

Back
Top Bottom