Vegetarians

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonocrazy88

New Yorker
Hey, I was just wondering if there are any vegetarians in this group? I just converted to vegetarianism about 3 months ago, or so. I am enjoying the lifestyle a lot!

Zoomerang96 said:
i make a point of eating enough meat for at least two vegetarians.

:drool:

I've thought about vegetarianism, but it would probably mean awful things, like turning in my Subway card. Might as well poke a dagger through my heart.

Realistically, I'm probably married to meat for life...the big issue for me is how we treat the animals.

arw9797 said:
19 years and counting. I can't imagine eating meat at this point.

Been a vegetarian for about 17 years.

Wow cool! Do you mind my asking why you chose to stop eating meat? I started watching videos of how cruelly animals are killed in order to make our food and I simply could not continue to eat the meat knowing those facts.

How has it been for you all those years? Have there been temptations or hard times in between?

Last edited:
Questions for you vegetarians.. do you not ever crave a big juicy burger or a thick rib-eye? A piece of fried chicken? I dont think I could ever stop eating meat, even though I'm a huge animal lover.

I know one girl who hates meat for all of the reasons vegans hate it, but she also can't stand vegetables for some odd reason.

I'm not sure if she's just trying to be trendy or she's legitimately retarded. Neither would really surprise me.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I know one girl who hates meat for all of the reasons vegans hate it, but she also can't stand vegetables for some odd reason.

I'm not sure if she's just trying to be trendy or she's legitimately retarded. Neither would really surprise me.

:lmao: so she eats, what, grain and dairy? how does she feel about fruits?

Sicy said:
Questions for you vegetarians.. do you not ever crave a big juicy burger or a thick rib-eye? A piece of fried chicken? I dont think I could ever stop eating meat, even though I'm a huge animal lover.

So far the only thing I've craved is homemade hamburgers...like the ones you make at home on the grill, or steaks. Other than that, meat does not tempt me. But it only tempts me when I am so hungry and I can smell it. Once I have eaten, I no longer have those cravings. And also, most of the time it's not so bad. In fact, most of the time I crave veggies or other things, like tempeh.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I know a girl who says the same thing. She claims to be a vegetarian but she hates veggies. I find that very hard to believe because if you don't eat veggies or meat, there is not a whole lot more of substance you can eat.

AtomicBono said:

:lmao: so she eats, what, grain and dairy? how does she feel about fruits?

Hey, whatever's trendy she'll do. Look up "teenage cliche" in any dictionary/handbook/almanac and you'll see her half-baked face smiling.

I swear I just posted all of this not too long ago....

I was never a meat eater as a kid. I didn't like the taste or texture of any meats enough to want to eat them. When I was 14, my parents finally gave in and decided they were tired of the fights so our kitchen became a vegetarian friendly place. From that point on, my mom would make dishes where she could either take some out for me before adding the meat or she would put the meat on the side for those that wanted to eat it.

I have never had any cravings for meat but sometimes I do have cravings for a hot meal. I eat a lot of salads and way too many carbs. After 19 years, I just started eating a lot of the fake soy chicken. It's really not that bad. I've always felt I had a lack of protein in my diet even though all blood tests I've had over the years say I'm low but nothing to be concerned about.

I really just eat anything that a meat eater eats, minus the meat. I go to any restaurant and will order a chicken salad minus the chicken or a BLT minus the bacon and just add cheese instead. I do ok making up my own meals if they don't have something on the menu. Most places have at least something even if I have to piece together sides to make a meal. There's a lot of times that I'll go to a restaurant and there's 50 items on the menu but really only 1 options for me and it's generally a salad. It's totally fine. I'm used to it. I went to a place tonight that didn't have much of anything on the menu that I wasn't interested in, including the salads, so I ordered a pasta dish and asked for it without meat.

Being a vegetarian stopped me from pursuing a lifelong passion for baking, which sucks because I've had some really awful "careers" over the years. I've always wanted to be a Pastry Chef for as long as I can remember but until recently, there wasn't a school in my state that has a pastry program. I tried to go to a tech school after high school but they said I had to learn all of the culinary stuff, including butchery :no: :barf: So I didn't go :( I won't touch any meat or even the dish it's been on. I just think it's nasty stuff. I finally broke down last year and decided to go to culinary school, in a pastry only program. I've seen some really nasty things lately coming out of culinary kitchens, including fried cow brains :barf: I'm getting used to being around disgusting raw, slimey things but thankfully I don't have to touch any of it :barf:

But anyways.....being a vegetarian is not for everyone. I've known a lot of people that have tried it for health or animal rights reasons and haven't been able to stick to it. It's never been a part of my life so it's not something that was hard for me to stick to.

Well, my friend is a vegetarian and he wants to be a pastry chef, but he is going to Kendall in Chicago. I don't know were you live. I don't even know if his program is just for pastry or you have to learn it all. I never thought of that, but I guess he will find out.

Sicy said:

very rarely

I've been a vegetarian for 11 years now, meat just never appealed to me, it looked gross and I like the taste

the only time its a problem is when I'm in a setting where everybody is eating meat, like a barbecue or something, and its annoying to explain that I can't eat the burgers or whatever they are having

Sicy said:

I was a vegetarian for 7 years. I gave it up because I wanted a pepperoni pizza.

So for me, yes, I craved meat. It was strange what I missed, too. Little things like meat on a pizza or chicken in stir fry. I still don't eat a lot of meat, but when I do, I really enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom