Vegetarians - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2007, 10:22 PM   #16
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:43 AM
yeah I like tofu ... but tempeh is my favorite.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:28 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by angelordevil

Sometimes, carnivores eat other carnivores for dinner.
is that a threat?

Old 07-03-2007, 10:31 PM   #18
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:43 AM
Questions for you vegetarians.. do you not ever crave a big juicy burger or a thick rib-eye? A piece of fried chicken? I dont think I could ever stop eating meat, even though I'm a huge animal lover.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:35 PM   #19
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

I know one girl who hates meat for all of the reasons vegans hate it, but she also can't stand vegetables for some odd reason.

I'm not sure if she's just trying to be trendy or she's legitimately retarded. Neither would really surprise me.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:38 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
I know one girl who hates meat for all of the reasons vegans hate it, but she also can't stand vegetables for some odd reason.

I'm not sure if she's just trying to be trendy or she's legitimately retarded. Neither would really surprise me.
so she eats, what, grain and dairy? how does she feel about fruits?
Old 07-03-2007, 10:39 PM   #21
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
Questions for you vegetarians.. do you not ever crave a big juicy burger or a thick rib-eye? A piece of fried chicken? I dont think I could ever stop eating meat, even though I'm a huge animal lover.
So far the only thing I've craved is homemade hamburgers...like the ones you make at home on the grill, or steaks. Other than that, meat does not tempt me. But it only tempts me when I am so hungry and I can smell it. Once I have eaten, I no longer have those cravings. And also, most of the time it's not so bad. In fact, most of the time I crave veggies or other things, like tempeh.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:41 PM   #22
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

I know a girl who says the same thing. She claims to be a vegetarian but she hates veggies. I find that very hard to believe because if you don't eat veggies or meat, there is not a whole lot more of substance you can eat.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:47 PM   #23
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by AtomicBono

so she eats, what, grain and dairy? how does she feel about fruits?
Hey, whatever's trendy she'll do. Look up "teenage cliche" in any dictionary/handbook/almanac and you'll see her half-baked face smiling.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:02 PM   #24
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I swear I just posted all of this not too long ago....

I was never a meat eater as a kid. I didn't like the taste or texture of any meats enough to want to eat them. When I was 14, my parents finally gave in and decided they were tired of the fights so our kitchen became a vegetarian friendly place. From that point on, my mom would make dishes where she could either take some out for me before adding the meat or she would put the meat on the side for those that wanted to eat it.

I have never had any cravings for meat but sometimes I do have cravings for a hot meal. I eat a lot of salads and way too many carbs. After 19 years, I just started eating a lot of the fake soy chicken. It's really not that bad. I've always felt I had a lack of protein in my diet even though all blood tests I've had over the years say I'm low but nothing to be concerned about.

I really just eat anything that a meat eater eats, minus the meat. I go to any restaurant and will order a chicken salad minus the chicken or a BLT minus the bacon and just add cheese instead. I do ok making up my own meals if they don't have something on the menu. Most places have at least something even if I have to piece together sides to make a meal. There's a lot of times that I'll go to a restaurant and there's 50 items on the menu but really only 1 options for me and it's generally a salad. It's totally fine. I'm used to it. I went to a place tonight that didn't have much of anything on the menu that I wasn't interested in, including the salads, so I ordered a pasta dish and asked for it without meat.

Being a vegetarian stopped me from pursuing a lifelong passion for baking, which sucks because I've had some really awful "careers" over the years. I've always wanted to be a Pastry Chef for as long as I can remember but until recently, there wasn't a school in my state that has a pastry program. I tried to go to a tech school after high school but they said I had to learn all of the culinary stuff, including butchery So I didn't go I won't touch any meat or even the dish it's been on. I just think it's nasty stuff. I finally broke down last year and decided to go to culinary school, in a pastry only program. I've seen some really nasty things lately coming out of culinary kitchens, including fried cow brains I'm getting used to being around disgusting raw, slimey things but thankfully I don't have to touch any of it

But anyways.....being a vegetarian is not for everyone. I've known a lot of people that have tried it for health or animal rights reasons and haven't been able to stick to it. It's never been a part of my life so it's not something that was hard for me to stick to.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:10 PM   #25
New Yorker

Well, my friend is a vegetarian and he wants to be a pastry chef, but he is going to Kendall in Chicago. I don't know were you live. I don't even know if his program is just for pastry or you have to learn it all. I never thought of that, but I guess he will find out.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:16 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AtomicBono

is that a threat?
yes.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:42 PM   #27
War Child

Quote:
very rarely

I've been a vegetarian for 11 years now, meat just never appealed to me, it looked gross and I like the taste

the only time its a problem is when I'm in a setting where everybody is eating meat, like a barbecue or something, and its annoying to explain that I can't eat the burgers or whatever they are having
Old 07-03-2007, 11:47 PM   #28
War Child

meat is my truth
meat is the mental makeup of my soul™

meat, i cannot do without.

a beautifully cooked tenderloin filet?

sign me up. 24 / 7.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:48 PM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by angelordevil

yes.
well ... cannibalism is creepy imo
Old 07-03-2007, 11:57 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:43 AM
Quote:
I was a vegetarian for 7 years. I gave it up because I wanted a pepperoni pizza.

So for me, yes, I craved meat. It was strange what I missed, too. Little things like meat on a pizza or chicken in stir fry. I still don't eat a lot of meat, but when I do, I really enjoy it.