Vast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I Got Lost

The Fly
Looking at the band index, I don't think there's been a topic on this guy, but there should be, and now there is. VAST, or Jon Crosby, is one of my favorite artists, and I think U2 fans who are also into more gothic music would really like some of his stuff.

If I had the describe his style it would be a mixture of U2, Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails, and Classical Music, and he always samples a lot of monks chanting. The mood at times is very dark or sad, but it can also be very uplifting, and his music has gotten me through the times when I've felt down.

My favorite album of Jon's is his first one, Visual Audio Sensory Theater, but I think each of his albums have been great. He has four proper albums, including V.A.S.T., and I think the best one for U2 fans would be Music for People, his second. His voice is at his most Bono-like on this album, and the production is sweeping. If you just want to hear a few of his songs, download Blue, Touched, Flames, and Free.

www.realvast.com is the website of his address, and there's a few video clips and samples of the songs.

Edit: Guess there has been a topic before, sorry.

Last edited:
I have Music For People, used to listen to it quite a bit when I got it. There are a few tracks from it I still like and a few from V.A.S.T. that I like too, but for the most part I've lost interest in them. Maybe I'll listen to a few tracks today.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom