Vanilla Sky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coolhandlaura

Acrobat
hi, just wondering about everyones thoughts and opinions on VAnilla Sky. I know it was a big commercial flop,but it has become my joint favourite film of all time(and as a rule, im not a big fan of modern films) I mean ive seen it 6 times!and ive yet to find someone who liked it!am i just very weird???

i loved it. excellent visual film. good story.

can't wait for the dvd release so i can see it a second time.

Originally posted by ccolhandlaura:
hi, just wondering about everyones thoughts and opinions on VAnilla Sky. I know it was a big commercial flop

Uh... actually, the film grossed over $100 million at the U.S. box office and over $200 million worldwide. Those are blockbuster numbers for just about any film, especially a fairly inexpensive one to make like "Vanilla Sky." This is just another $100 million-grossing film in Tom Cruise's ridiculously successful career.

I liked it. It got a bit iffy towards the end, but redeemed itself. Interesting indeed. Though I hear it's unremarkably undifferent from the Spanish film it remade.

I don't know how much of commercial flop it was - it made nearly $100 million.

It was a critical flop, however.

I, along with most people I know, hated the film.
frown.gif

I am eagerly awaiting the next Cameron Crowe movie - I haven't given up on him!

------------------
ooh eee ooh ah ah ching chang walla walla bing bang.

Originally posted by RussellbeStaji:
What is this Vanilla Sky about?

It would probably be easier to watch the film that let us explain! But yes, i agree, i thought this was a fantastic film, very clever. I've seen the original, 'Open Your Eyes', a Spanish film, which also has Penelope Cruz in it. It's almost word for word! But i still reckon its a very good film!
smile.gif

okey okey im sorry for calling it a commercial flop, but what i meant was, loads of people went to see it for Tom Cruise-Penelope Cruz, because of all the hype that they got together in that film, and an overwhelming amount of people HATED it,and this is what i cant understand! (ok, that has to be the longest sentence ive ever written without a full stop!)

It wasn't so much a commercial flop as a critical flop, I don't think I saw a good review of it! And in my local cinema it did pretty badly. But me and 3 of my mates went to see it outta curiosity, and let me say we were all
redface.gif
at it, we all loved it and I woulda went to see it again but it was gone from the cinema the following week. Definitely getting it on DVD, one of my faves
smile.gif

I loved Vanilla Sky. Can't wait for the DVD. Also, the soundtrack is basically all my favorite artists.

Cameron Crowe is super cool, Almost Famous is great as well.

great im glad some people liked it! its weird the way it was a commercial success and yet it only lasted a few weeks!i mean , lord of the rings was there for weeks before and weeks after!the times i saw it, half the cinema walked out during it! and the last two times, we were the only two people there!

"here we are.Im frozen and you're dead.And i love you."
"its a pro

Back
Top Bottom