Vanilla Coke! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 04-02-2002, 12:57 AM   #16
Jesus Online
Local Time: 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Angel:
Vanilla Coke? Yum!!

-->Anyone remember NewYork Seltzers?? Vanilla was my favourite.
Is that like an Alka Seltzer?

Old 04-02-2002, 01:06 AM   #17
Local Time: 10:35 PM
Remind me about OK Cola.....I've heard the name before......

Old 04-02-2002, 11:55 AM   #18
love, blood, life
Local Time: 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Spiral_Staircase:
Any 50's-themed place will have it for sure. As meegannie mention, Johnny Rockets has it (Mall of America food court), but I've only had it there once and they put in way too much syrup and it was pretty bad. Let's see...there are some Denny's around that have sort of a 50's theme. I've ordered it there. There's one on the south-side of 494, I think it's at the Portland Ave. exit in the Bloominton/Richfield area. The service is astonishingly bad, but you can get a vanilla coke. They'll make one for you at Caribou and I would guess at any other coffee house where they have vanilla syrup. I think I've ordered it successfully at TGI Friday's (at least the one in Woodbury). I'm surprised how many places will make you one if you ask.

On to OK Cola....Yes! I had totally forgotten about it, but I do remember it. I've only lived here for 2 years, but when I was in college I worked at a camp near Hinckley with a ton of people from the twin cities and one summer everyone had 12 packs of OK Cola. I don't even really remember if I liked it or not, but the cans were very cool.

And for the rest of you...get out your Minnesota maps and find out where Bloomington, Richfield, Woodbury, and Hinckley are.
I'll have to check it out. Maybe at Porky's on University too!

I moved this pat week (I am pretty close to your place of work, Lex-Ham neighborhood) - and I saved a whole bunch of OK Cola marketing stuff. It was very cool stuff - black-and-white comic book stoff with red borders. Hip for today's standards - only it was seven/eight years ago.

For you others, OK Cola was a citrus-flavored drink - like mixing orange, cherry and Sprite. I liked it, but obviously others didn't. It went the way of Miller's clear beer (also merket-tested in our area).