Vancouver wanted the Stanley Cup so bad.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoney!

ONE love, blood, life
Stanley Cup held by airline as excess baggage

FORT ST. JOHN, British Columbia -- The Stanley Cup spent a night in luggage limbo.

The fabled hockey trophy disappeared during an Air Canada flight from Vancouver to Fort St. John over the weekend when Vancouver airline officials removed it from the plane because of weight restrictions.

Walter Neubrand, keeper of the Cup, was trying to deliver the trophy to Jake Goertzen, head scout for the Stanley Cup champion Tampa Bay Lightning.

As the two waited by the baggage claim, it didn't take long for them to realize something was wrong.

"We were waiting for it to come out,'' Goertzen said. "Everybody's bag was there, except the Cup.''

Air Canada agents checked the plane but there was no sign of the Cup or its special travel container. After a call to Vancouver, they learned the 35-pound Cup was sitting in the Vancouver airport's luggage area 750 miles away.

Air Canada spokeswoman Laura Cooke said the Cup was held in a secured facility overnight and flown to Fort St. John to be ``placed in its rightful hands'' early Monday.

Cooke said the airline is reviewing how the mistake occurred.

As a matter of tradition, each eligible player and front-office member from a championship team gets to spend 24 hours with the cup.

------------

Sorry guys...you have to WIN to have the cup...you can't just "accidently" leave it off the plane." :wink:

Did you read the article?

Inneptitude did not play a part in this. WEIGHT and BALANCE did.

Although, when I think of inneptitude and my airline...I think of the residents/employees that work/live in your "location" in your profile. :shrug: :D :uhoh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom