Vancouver 2010 - Oh Yeah! - ATTENTION:SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This opening ceremony feels understandably inferior to 2008's summer games (it is in Canada after all), but Jamaica always makes me smile.

Yeah, they asked some person who helped design this how they're going to follow in Beijing's footsteps and he basically said it's impossible and that's not their aim.
Unlike Canada,I'm sure China could put as much money as they want towards their Olympics and the population isn't going to protest.

....the fuck was that commercial? Chicken McNuggets are an Olympian favorite?

Phelps' diet has always baffled me.

If it were Bono singing this, Interference as a collective whole would be running around like a beheaded chicken. "WHAT DID LARRY DO TO SOA???? :panic:"

That said, Nelly, this needs more Timbaland.

....the fuck was that commercial? Chicken McNuggets are an Olympian favorite?

Phelps' diet has always baffled me.

:lol: Me and my roommate definitely had a WTF? moment when they claimed that McNuggets are a favorite food of Olympians too.

And, yeah, how he can possibly eat 12,000 calories in one day is beyond me, considering I probably rarely get my 2,000 in. At least he burns it off though.

I'm sorry, but those shockwaves...

m64_03_178.jpg

God damn, NBC. I did not want to watch the last few seconds of that man's life. I know someone mentioned it on the last page, but I looked at the screen at the wrong time.

That is appalling. I wonder how many complaints they will get.

You had to feel for the Georgian athletes and officials, it's that heartbreaking. :(

I may have shed a tear myself.

On a lighter note, I didn't realize that the ceremonies were at BC Place. I was all "Hey, I was just there in October, hooting and hollering for U2!"

It's neat to see Olympic images from a place I've actually spent time in.

I like the opening ceremonies so far--seems very personal for Canada.

I like that the performers are performing without a gun to their head (ahem*Beijing*ahem).

I'm still waiting for the damned things to start. Now they're showing ski jump competition that took place earlier.

Hello, opening ceremonies? *taps watch*

Is it true that Canada allowed their own lugers to practice on that run, but not any visiting athletes? I would hope that is not common practice - can you imagine the uproar that would happen if the US did that?

Whether or not it's common knowledge that it occurs at any Olympics, it leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

I'm still waiting for the damned things to start. Now they're showing ski jump competition that took place earlier.

Hello, opening ceremonies? *taps watch*

Is it true that Canada allowed their own lugers to practice on that run, but not any visiting athletes? I would hope that is not common practice - can you imagine the uproar that would happen if the US did that?

Whether or not it's common knowledge that it occurs at any Olympics, it leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

What? They're not airing the opening ceremonies there??
Strange, I can understand for awards shows but for this?

I think it's starting now. They just had a half hour of chatter about the Georgian luger, some history about Canada's relationship with the US, and some ski jumping.

This is what the Dragonball film should have looked like.

However, the trick is not to show the wires.

I think it's starting now. They just had a half hour of chatter about the Georgian luger, some history about Canada's relationship with the US, and some ski jumping.

Oh, so you're on a tape delay?

Wow, I can't believe Celine Dion spit fire out of her mouth to light the Olympic Torch. That was amazing!!!

Yes, stupid farking tape delay. Not like we're in the same gol-danged time zone or anything. So stupid.

And lol @ your fake-out!

I don't know that I'll make it through 4 hours of all this. I might just have to let the DVR take it over and watch just the bits I want to tomorrow. :crack:

A) I didn't realize Vancouver had a population of 2 million!

B) I didn't realize Vancouver is the largest city (population-wise) to host the winter games!

C) Mock my tape delay all you want. I'll just assume you all are lying the rest of the night. :sexywink:

D) I kind of wish I had Shaun White's luscious hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom