Vancouver 2010 - Oh Yeah! - ATTENTION:SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my god, those totally make me cry. I remember watching him race during those Olympics and just bawling my eyes out when he fell. He was from Wisconsin (or at least was training there), so we heard allll about it for just about forever.

Yeah, I remember feeling really sad when he fell in 1988 and overjoyed when he finally won in 1992.

No, that's the thing. He won in 1994. In 1992 he also failed to win any medals....after being a medal favorite.

So when he came through in 1994 he'd been through two Olympics worth of tragedy and not meeting expectations.

So this is part of one of my hockey tickets. The guy's eyes look a little creepy :lol:

olympicticket2.jpg

That ticket is for Men's Hockey (Finland vs Germany), and I'm also seeing Women's Hockey Semifinal, Men's 10,000m Speed Skating Final, and Ladies Aerials Final. Should be a blast! :D

Cosport has released the tickets they were holding for their tour packages, in case anyone is interested. They are mostly "A" level, expensive seats, but there are a few affordable ones in there. You may need to register at their site before you can see the tickets. Cosport is the official ticket outlet for the U.S. and several European countries.

CoSport | Vancouver 2010 | Official Website for Olympic Tickets and Accommodations Sales

Oh my god, was Mirai's face when she finished her long program the most darling thing, or what? I was so happy for her.

I've never been a big Sasha Cohen fan, so I'm kind of glad she's not going. She had her chance and did well. Nothing against her trying to make a comeback, and glad she mostly skated well, I just never loved her like others have.

She does that hideous spin where she pulls her leg straight up in front of her face - that is the most ungainly, unattractive move I've ever seen a skater do. And now half the other skaters are doing it, too! Grr....

I hope the hype machine doesn't destroy Lindsay Vonn. She's been flat out killing the speed events this season. Her technical events have been a different story though.

I'm also hoping that Bode Miller shakes off his ankle injury, perhaps even gives a fuck, wins a gold medal and raises one giant middle finger to his critics or just Bob Costas. Unlikely, but with Bode anything is possible.

I hope the hype machine doesn't destroy Lindsay Vonn. She's been flat out killing the speed events this season. Her technical events have been a different story though.

I'm also hoping that Bode Miller shakes off his ankle injury, perhaps even gives a fuck, wins a gold medal and raises one giant middle finger to his critics or just Bob Costas. Unlikely, but with Bode anything is possible.

If I get to see Costas, I'm going to ask him if the itchy, red welts on my buttocks are from ants. :D

I was pumped that the Olympics were back in NA, of course then I remembered that they're in February, not January, so it's not like I can go anyway.

Oh well, I absolutely LOVE the winter Olympics. For a lot of sports, but Speedskating getting national exposure is the reason I love them the most, such a cool sport. That kind of love made me learn how to do that, when I moved a few years ago I never found another club in my area, but having been back on the ice recently I was inspired to look for one again.

I was pumped that the Olympics were back in NA, of course then I remembered that they're in February, not January, so it's not like I can go anyway.

Oh well, I absolutely LOVE the winter Olympics. For a lot of sports, but Speedskating getting national exposure is the reason I love them the most, such a cool sport. That kind of love made me learn how to do that, when I moved a few years ago I never found another club in my area, but having been back on the ice recently I was inspired to look for one again.

I would have loved to see any Speedskating event, but the tickets were expensive and the timing was bad. I love the clack-clack of the skates in the indoor venues.

I will get to a Short Track event though.

I've been hearing rumours about the freestyle skiing and snowboarding events being moved to different mountains due to there not being much snow at Cypress right now. :angry: There's a press conference this morning, and hopefully they will say the events are staying where they are, and that their backup plans are good enough. If they get moved to Whistler or Sun Peaks (which would be SO ridiculous, as that's around 4 1/2 hours away), we're not going to be able to go to our freestyle skiing event.

I've been hearing rumours about the freestyle skiing and snowboarding events being moved to different mountains due to there not being much snow at Cypress right now. :angry: There's a press conference this morning, and hopefully they will say the events are staying where they are, and that their backup plans are good enough. If they get moved to Whistler or Sun Peaks (which would be SO ridiculous, as that's around 4 1/2 hours away), we're not going to be able to go to our freestyle skiing event.

Yeah, I'm hoping nothing changes with that. But, I saw video of Cypress and meh, not much snow. I've got Snowboarding Halfpipe tickets--thankfully it's my only event that day, so if it moves, I should have the time to get there and back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom