Van Halen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pinkfloyd

War Child
after two after-work watching VH1's profile about Van halen , Roth and sammy ..
are there any fans or people who like this eehhh band ?????

and the OTHERS , anyway , what do you think of this hairy band ???

Can't stand Van Halen...although a few buddies of mine really dig them (only the Hagar version, though)...hearing the synths of "Jump"' makes me wanna puke.

I would consider myself a pretty big Van Halen fan. Have seen them live 7 times, including once with Gary Cherone. Caught the Hagar/Roth show in August and thought it was great... Dave may still be a knucklehead, but he had a smoking band backing him. Got guest appearnces from Michael Anthony and Gary Cherone during Sammy's set. One of the few bands who can truly be called trend setting, spawning countless hard rock bands in the 80's with bleached blond singers and guitarists trying to do their own version of Eruption.

Hall of Fame induction should be interesting viewing.

Any band can outstay their welcome and Van Halen hasn't hit that point....yet. I still enjoy hearing their songs (especially those great rock tunes with Roth). I really like Hagar as well, but his uplifting themes with the synths and the soaring vocals all sound the same.

I don't own any of their albums

but much respect to the van halen brothers...great musicians.
But I have a story.... on a personal level,of course:evil:

My young friend's band were having a good year last century. They picked up some good East Coast support tours. I remember they supported Van Halen (when Gary Cherone was out front) and they said what a great bunch of men they were, treated the support band very well. Then they toured with The Tea Party,a bad experience, the band never even spoke to them, totally ignored them.
So that counts for a lot imho. Talent and success without empathy for others....not much use imho.

How you doing pink? I have a Pink Floyd story, well 2 actually. I'll Pm you one day...I'm sure you'll be faskinated
:eeklaugh: :wave:

what a ridiculous circus the whole van halen thing has become....
gary cherone......WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT????:no:

but to see DLR and sammy on tour and at the beginnning being all buddy/buddy and then it turning into the same old mud slinging fest....uugghhh:barf:

please....this was a great band that inspired alot of shitty music (winger, warrant, poison, etc)

too bad it's ended like this.:der: :huh: :sad:

I used to LOVE Van Halen, but only with DLR as their front man. I never got into Van Hagar. I much prefer Sammy as a solo artist.

In their prime (late 70s to 1984), Van Halen was one of the best bands in the world. Eddie Van Halen is one of the greatest guitar players ever and Diamond Dave was a fabulous showman.

Back
Top Bottom