Valentine's Day Angst-o-Rama

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:angry:

Bah.

Humbug.

:down: :madspit:

Even when i HAD a BF he just made me cry every year anyways. And i dont cry easily. Even my parents managed to successfully ruin a V-Day for me by not letting me go to a Weezer show with all my friends back in like 94. I wasnt "old enough" to go downtown. :mad:

Therefore I honestly dont care for the holiday at all. Maybe someday someone will change my mind. Until then, its just another day. :shrug:

Last edited:
I have always wanted, just *once* to get roses, a mushy card, whatever. From a guy. Never have. :mad:

I used to love it at school. Piles of those little cards. I even got a little box of candy hearts from a boy once--my love life was apparently better then.

My parents always get me candy and sometimes a little present. That's always nice...but just once, I would like a real Valentine!
(But given the option, I would rather have that kind of thing the year round, obviously...)

Elisabeth

Just say no to VD. Long live Singles Awareness Day!

I've pretty much only had one Valentines worthy of remembrance, but I was still single for it. 'Twas an excellent date, though...

Valentines is depressing when your single :( ...unless you're happily single. It usually just makes me feel lonely though.

Valentine's Day can be kind of nice though when you have someone to share it with.

my dad always gets me a little something, which is nice

Are any of the ladies here going to see The Vagina Monologues on 2/14? I know it's become a big thing to do TVM on Valentine's Day and they have it in a lot of cities. A couple of my friends invited me to go with them, and as I am so far dateless, it's looking good...

2925a.gif

Well this will be my first Valentine's day with someone ever so I'm anxious all the same as I was when I was single. It's kinda sad though that I feel so much pressure, everything has to be just right..... and I can't wear heels. :sad:

I'm taking my girlfriend out to a nice dinner, and get some roses or something for her too. I got a friend who bought his girlfriend a $400 necklace for V-day. That guy's a dumbass. V-Day is not something I look forward to. It's a day that girls expect to be showered with love and gifts, and they have fantasies about. But I, like most men, don't give a shit if it's Valentine's Dad, St. Patricks Day or August 8th....I'm still gonna do my best to make her happy. But there's no sense in trying to use V-Day to make her feel loved....you should show her every day.

And to those of you who are single.....think about the money you are saving. Instead, use that money to buy yourself something extra nice, or have a fun night out with the boys/girls. Nobody NEEDS a girlfriend/boyfriend. They're nice, but all you need to be happy is to be happy with yourself. I learned that lesson when I was going through what I call "the robot year". I took a year off after my last g/f dumped me, and really got some shit together. That was for the most part of 2001. U2 toured that year, so I had something to make me happy that year.

My 9 year old nephew's grade 4/5 teacher wouldn't
allow a Valentine's party because she thought the kids were too old! :huh:

When my sister in law asked him how he felt about that, he said, ' Oh well, that's okay, I guess. I'm not a very festive person.'

When she said,'but you get very excited about Xmas', he thought it must be because 'Valentine's is just a minor festival'.

:laugh:

So don't get all upset about this minor festival guys, OK?

:heart: :hug:

thanks jess :hug:

we don't need a s.o....we have.....U2!!!!!!!!! *blasts war* *skips over 2 hearts beat as one* :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom