Valentine's Day Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinninghead77

Refugee
Hi Boys(and Girls). I was hoping to get some advice about what to buy my boyfriend for Valentine's Day. This will be our 6th one together, and in previous years I have got him a number of things:Clothes, Cologne, Tickets to a comedien he liked that was in town, Boxer Shorts, Chocolate

It is difficult because Christmas just passed, as did his birthday. I have used up all the standard guy gifts (ie. dvd's, sweater's, cologne, magazine subscription, wallet, etc.)

Any ideas??? I am thinking in around the $100 (cdn.) range!!

Thanks

------------------
***Spinny***
Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????

[This message has been edited by spinninghead77 (edited 02-05-2002).]

Take him to Romeo & Juliet at the Nat'l Ballet!!!! It's on from the 9th -17th. Believe me, if ever there were a ballet that would appeal to a guy, it's this one. It's passionate, everyone knows the story, the music makes you cry, sexy guys in tights fencing...erm, oh well that will be more for your enjoyment, but still, it's the perf. Valentine's gift!

In case you go, I will be there on the following dates:

Feb 10 mat
Feb 13
Feb 14
Feb 15
Feb 16 mat
Feb 17 mat

And yes, I'm as obsessive about this as I am about U2!
biggrin.gif

don't fall for the corporate joke of a day that is valentines day - buy him something small every other day next week and NOTHING on valentines day - to tell him how much you really love him, and irrespective of the valentines day crock of ingestible matter.

Thanks for your advice. I decided to get him tickets to go and see Richard III At Stratford. He is really into British History, and fascinated with Richard. I think that he will like them.

Zoomerang-I do nice things for my boyfriend everyday, and I am aware that valentine's day is a pointless holiday created by corporations. However, I still enjoy it. It gives as an excuse to get all dressed up and go out for a nice dinner, and to exchange small gifts. Because we are trying to save money, we can't do that all the time, so it is nice to do it once in a while (anniversary's, valentine's day, birthday's, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom