Vaduz, Liechtenstein Superthread (100 Superthreads!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do!

Actually, you'd have a bit of a hub at the Botany Town Centre shopping mall which is all of a 20 minute walk away.

Last night, I was looking at alternate routes into Auckland and was actually looking around your area to due the stark absence of rail there (though I thought you were further north). It clearly could use some connection to commuter rail - I was thinking of something leaving the Eastern Line then running down to connect with the branch line currently being built from Wiri into central Manukau. But judging by the terrain and land use, I've no idea how on earth you'd get a line through there unless it's underground, and that would cost shitloads so it probably wouldn't be economically viable.

We live in one of these so-called well designed suburbs where all of the space available is used. I live up a right of way - really just an extension of the street with about another 10 or so houses.

I wonder if this will work
Mission View Drive - Google Maps

That probably won't show it up too well. But at the end of the road at the big circle bit there is a small right of way. As the satellite map shows, not a lot of wasted space.

:ohmy: Mr G laid some concrete there a couple of weeks ago!! Well not THERE, but on Millhouse :yes:

:shifty:

Last night, I was looking at alternate routes into Auckland and was actually looking around your area to due the stark absence of rail there (though I thought you were further north). It clearly could use some connection to commuter rail - I was thinking of something leaving the Eastern Line then running down to connect with the branch line currently being built from Wiri into central Manukau. But judging by the terrain and land use, I've no idea how on earth you'd get a line through there unless it's underground, and that would cost shitloads so it probably wouldn't be economically viable.

There's potential for a rail line to follow part of Te Irirangi Drive, which goes some of the way between Botany and Manukau. But yeah, our land use here is fucked.

But there has been real life talk of a rail connection between Botany and the airport. It would actually be a good idea, instead of the 3x weekly bus.

PS I'm East Auckland, not South Auckland.

There's potential for a rail line to follow part of Te Irirangi Drive, which goes some of the way between Botany and Manukau. But yeah, our land use here is fucked.

But there has been real life talk of a rail connection between Botany and the airport. It would actually be a good idea, instead of the 3x weekly bus.

PS I'm East Auckland, not South Auckland.

Yeah, I noticed that part would be the most workable. Trying to run a line into the central city looks fucking impossible without going underground for extremely long periods.

And yes, I'm aware you're east Auckland. But it tends to be a good idea to interconnect the network and it seems logical to send the Wiri - Manukau line up north. I still have my doubts about the usefulness of the Manukau spur if it stays as short as it's planned to be, but hey, at least it's new rail.

I'm fucking stupid. I was holding the remote not five minutes ago. I haven't moved in that time, and now i can't find the fucking thing.

Edit: Wait..............found it

Dangit, you must have edited in the two seconds it took me to hit Reply...

And don't fret about your intelligence, remote controls can spontaneously teleport. :yes:

Hi Ian and Jen and Ax and... gluey? :wave:

Yeah, I noticed that part would be the most workable. Trying to run a line into the central city looks fucking impossible without going underground for extremely long periods.

And yes, I'm aware you're east Auckland. But it tends to be a good idea to interconnect the network and it seems logical to send the Wiri - Manukau line up north. I still have my doubts about the usefulness of the Manukau spur if it stays as short as it's planned to be, but hey, at least it's new rail.

You couldn't do it without fucking the traffic on Ti Rakau Drive. And it's fucked already.

Sometimes people forget there is an East Auckland and i get lumped in with South Auckland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom