Vaduz, Liechtenstein Superthread (100 Superthreads!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your hopes setlist wise for the next tour?

It's really a bit hard to say this far off. U2 seem to be talking up the album as a bit of a departure from recent material and that they're being more adventurous, so I'd like to see that mentality reflected in the setlists. I also hope the reissuing of numerous albums lately will prompt them to revisit older material. Something like "hey, shit, Tomorrow was a really great song, let's play it again!"

And I just hope more classics go into rotation rather than being permanent fixtures.

It's really a bit hard to say this far off. U2 seem to be talking up the album as a bit of a departure from recent material and that they're being more adventurous, so I'd like to see that mentality reflected in the setlists. I also hope the reissuing of numerous albums lately will prompt them to revisit older material. Something like "hey, shit, Tomorrow was a really great song, let's play it again!"

And I just hope more classics go into rotation rather than being permanent fixtures.

Agreed :up: As long as Streets is played when I'm there, I'm pretty much happy. Mayeb Pride as well :reject:

:love:

Oh God....how did I let myself stay up so late! I have to go to work early tomorrow and run an entire shift by myself :crazy:

did you decide on a setlist beforehand?? Because it could have gone off the rails so easily. Especially if someone said "they're playing this" and then the next person said something different. and the time between songs.

Everytime i read over it, how the fuck did it last for so long?

This is a constant source of confusion to me as well. The fact that people who came in and called it out as bollocks were effectively ignored leaves me staggered.

this is my favourite thing ever.

dabiggestu2fan
okay I was serious when i posting my last message after only reading about 10 pages but now I see this is a fake. To all of those who did this, you can all go fuck yourselves! I want my last hour of my life wasted back!

How can you fuckers fake something like this?????? no funny! Not impressed at all, infact I may just leave this forum all together because of this shit you just pulled!

:lmao:

It's because Rob was defending the reality of it. I loved that it only became universally unbelievable after Mofo.

Mofo is where they draw the line?

Which I still find hilarious given that U2 soundchecked it on the Vertigo Tour and is a shitload more plausible than Flower Child or Exit!

did you decide on a setlist beforehand?? Because it could have gone off the rails so easily. Especially if someone said "they're playing this" and then the next person said something different. and the time between songs.

Yeah, the set was largely my work. PFan did the epic Bad and some of the others made suggestions and tweaks too.

:lol:

Thanks for that. I like their use of pie charts to illustrate the stats. Certainly some stuff to look into. The Personal Charts feature we have was inspired by a similar feature on a Pearl Jam setlist website.

No worries :up:

Don't think you'll need the "ever single word Bono sang" feature though.

Just before I skidaddle, how can I make all 46 pages of the kunstmuseum thread available offline using internet explorer?

We still fucked it up a bit, ie before Wave of Sorrow.

I thought it would all go to pieces with Mercy but somehow we probably did a better job with that than we ever intended!

Really, it was the prank that went horribly, unexpectedly right.

Don't think you'll need the "ever single word Bono sang" feature though.

Just before I skidaddle, how can I make all 46 pages of the kunstmuseum thread available offline using internet explorer?

That's fucking creepy, that part. Though I'd be tempted to do a soul/kneel/wow pisstake.

Not sure on how you can make it all available offline, I'm afraid.

None of us expected to even get to the first song. It seemed too unbelievable, too ridiculous, too planned blatantly in public on heavily active threads. We thought we'd be called out and just spend a couple of hours listening to music together in the thread and thinking "what if?"

That's fucking creepy, that part. Though I'd be tempted to do a soul/kneel/wow pisstake.

Not sure on how you can make it all available offline, I'm afraid.

Yeah, it'd take someone veering down Mark Chapman's way to do that. A bit far.

No worries

Bye all :wave: Remember to watch The Footy Show tonight for news on Ben Cousins and Sam Newman's return! :D

To make the thread visible offline, you would have to save each and every page.

Thought so. Ah well :lol:

None of us expected to even get to the first song. It seemed too unbelievable, too ridiculous, too planned blatantly in public on heavily active threads. We thought we'd be called out and just spend a couple of hours listening to music together in the thread and thinking "what if?"

Ah okay, so you had the songs playing as well. That woulda made it great. Simply amazing!

Bye Danny and hi Jen! :wave:

Yep, 100,000 posts. Not far to go for your 10,000! We had a really good time last night, or at least I sure did! Real shame you weren't able to be there.

Hey Ian, did you do a statsbomb for this thread? I read the first few pages and didn't see anything, but I didn't fully catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom