Vaduz, Liechtenstein Superthread (100 Superthreads!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's why i barely do any serious editing there now.

Seriously, why suggest deleting an article that MAY be very large in about 10 years time?

I'm glad that Kiwi railway articles for the most part are very quiet. Any issues tend to be very quickly resolved by myself and a couple of other guys who do the bulk of NZR editing. We've only had two articles deleted. One was shockingly written by an editor who had caused us problems with his contributions on existing articles, and even if we'd tried to save it, I'm not sure it would have satisfied notability guidelines. The other was blatant crystal-balling (claiming our next class of locomotives will be the DK class despite there being no solid plans for new locos!), and after discussing it a bit, the article's creator nominated it for deletion themselves.

But some of the other bullshit that occurs in other fields is laughable and I don't know why people bother. Biographies of living people seem to be an especially nasty target. Right now, I'm just getting lulz from the Administrators' Noticeboard.

Oh, airliners.net

There's a very excited thread about Delta's new 737-700 and how it'll be rolled out of the factory at Renton shortly and how exciting it is.

Of course, it gets rolled out of the factory looking like this:

2608984020_27ed34eda6_o.jpg

Its.......just like.....uh, any other one. Oh, except for the rudder.

Nuttery.

sorry, my bad! there were no d.v charges that i know of. there should be though.

Ah okay. I've never heard of any of his violent acts though... :scratch: I thought it was all just drugs. :shrug:

LemonMelon, I'm reading some of your eopinions reviews and lists. Good stuff. :up:

You can check mine out too!! Link is in my sig!! :dancing:

Oh, we're talking about different Victoria Parks, which would explain Danny's confusion too, since he'd made a comment about wanting them to come to Australia and there's a Victoria Park in Melbourne.

And looking up our Victoria Park on Wikipedia tells me that apparently it's still there, since it's on the Victorian Heritage Register and that's stalling any redevelopment plans.

:phew: I was wondering about that. So many thoughts. When the hell did they come here?? And why the would you pick Victoria Park as a venue?? The only people who used to go there think 'music' is picking up a piece of wood and banging it against a wall.

And why the would you pick Victoria Park as a venue?? The only people who used to go there think 'music' is picking up a piece of wood and banging it against a wall.

:laugh:

U2 playing Waverley Park on Popmart was even more fucking bizarre, though.

Ah, aviation. Bringer of lulz.

CTL ELEMENT: JFK
ELEMENT TYPE: APT
ADL TIME: 2056Z
GROUND STOP PERIOD: 25/2036Z - 25/2135Z
DEP FACILITIES INCLUDED: (2NDTIER+CZY_AP) ZAU ZMP ZID ZJX ZOB ZBW
ZTL ZNY ZDC CYHZ CYOW CYUL CYYZ CYTZ CYQB
PREVIOUS TOTAL, MAXIMUM, AVERAGE DELAYS: 0/0/0.0
NEW TOTAL, MAXIMUM, AVERAGE DELAYS: 587/44/23.5
PROBABILITY OF EXTENSION: MEDIUM
IMPACTING CONDITION: OTHER / SECURITY
COMMENTS: SMOKE ON THE 15TH FLOOR. ATC IS ON THE 17TH FLOOR. ATC IS
EVACUATING

Aka the control tower is on fire. I shouldn't laugh, but i do.

:laugh:

U2 playing Waverley Park on Popmart was even more fucking bizarre, though.

Ah yes, Waverley Park. The ground which was flouted as the mutha of all football grounds. Unfortunately, someone decided to make it a hole and place it in the middle of the Sahara Desert.

That's a fucking awesome bootleg.

What was the setlist?? And while we're on the subject, Ax, Popmart setlists. They didn't vary a great deal, did they?

Ah, aviation. Bringer of lulz.

Aka the control tower is on fire. I shouldn't laugh, but i do.

:lol:

What I've always thought must be terrifying is when diesel-electric locomotives occasionally flame out, i.e. a huge lick of flame shoots out the vents at the top of the locomotive. It's never a good thing, but you can keep going if it happens. I've seen photos of overworked locomotives flaming out and it looks fucking impressive.

Ah yes, Waverley Park. The ground which was flouted as the mutha of all football grounds. Unfortunately, someone decided to make it a hole and place it in the middle of the Sahara Desert.

What was the setlist?? And while we're on the subject, Ax, Popmart setlists. They didn't vary a great deal, did they?

Waverley seems to be more charming now that it's significantly smaller and more just a public park.

Setlist:

Setlist:

1. Mofo
2. I Will Follow
3. Gone
4. Even Better Than The Real Thing
5. Last Night On Earth
6. Until The End Of The World / Break On Through (snippet)
7. New Year's Day
8. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
9. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Stand By Me (snippet)
10. Bad / Never Tear Us Apart (snippet) / Walk On The Wild Side (snippet) / All I Want Is You (snippet)
11. Staring At The Sun
12. Sunday Bloody Sunday
13. Bullet The Blue Sky
14. Please
15. Where The Streets Have No Name

encore(s):
16. Discothèque / Life During Wartime (snippet) / Stayin' Alive (snippet)
17. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
18. With Or Without You
19. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
20. Mysterious Ways
21. One
22. MLK

Unsurprisingly, the usual Popmart set...but i've always enjoyed the boot, even if it isn't highest quality.

What I love is that they chose to put Waverley in the geographic centre of Melbourne without considering that traffic flows and infrastructure are not - and rarely ever - geared around this little piece of trivia.

Melbourne's set was:

1. Mofo
2. I Will Follow
3. Gone
5. Last Night On Earth
7. New Year's Day
10. Bad / Never Tear Us Apart (snippet) / Walk On The Wild Side (snippet) / All I Want Is You (snippet)
11. Staring At The Sun
12. Sunday Bloody Sunday
13. Bullet The Blue Sky
14. Please

encore(s):
18. With Or Without You
20. Mysterious Ways
21. One
22. MLK

And you're right about the lack of variety. Popmart had the most static sets of any U2 tour ever. Compare the Melbourne set above with the opening night set in Las Vegas some ten months earlier. A tiny amount of song changes, and the first half of the main set is in a slightly different order.

1. Mofo
2. I Will Follow
3. Even Better Than The Real Thing
4. Into The Groove (snippet) / Do You Feel Loved? / I Feel Love (snippet)
5. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
7. Last Night On Earth
8. Gone
9. Until The End Of The World
10. If God Will Send His Angels
11. Staring At The Sun
12. Staring At The Sun
13. Daydream Believer (Edge Karaoke)
14. Miami / My Mammy (snippet) / Cuba (snippet)
15. Bullet The Blue Sky / Thank You (Falettin Me Be Mice Elf Again) (snippet) / America (snippet)
16. Please
17. Where The Streets Have No Name / Playboy Mansion (snippet)

encore(s):
18. Discothèque / Discothèque Howie B Hairy B Mix (snippet)
19. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
20. With Or Without You
21. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
22. Mysterious Ways
23. One

Comments: U2 botch Staring At The Sun the first time around and perform it again.

Waverley seems to be more charming now that it's significantly smaller and more just a public park.

Setlist:

Setlist:

1. Mofo
2. I Will Follow
3. Gone
5. Last Night On Earth
7. New Year's Day
11. Staring At The Sun
12. Sunday Bloody Sunday
13. Bullet The Blue Sky
14. Please

encore(s):
18. With Or Without You
20. Mysterious Ways
21. One
22. MLK

Unsurprisingly, the usual Popmart set...but i've always enjoyed the boot, even if it isn't highest quality.

Mmm... I haven't seen it lately.

See I'd only download Bad and MLK from this as you've got the rest on the DVD.

I must say, it disappoints me that U2 began Popmart with Gone --> UTEOTW but quickly got rid of it. The songs are natural partners, with UTEOTW's wailing intro following the general wailing-guitarness of Gone.

What I love is that they chose to put Waverley in the geographic centre of Melbourne without considering that traffic flows and infrastructure are not - and rarely ever - geared around this little piece of trivia.

:lol: True that.

Is that Las Vegas boot sound any good? Cos I might get that one.

And just as a disclaimer before I leave, Radiohead's setlist website has a bunch of interesting little things on there that you might wanna take a look at if you want to add anything to u2gigs.

Another reason I can't wait for the new album: so u2.com and u2gigs.com get rid of the hutdab red/black/red/black theme. I'm over it. :lol:

I must say, it disappoints me that U2 began Popmart with Gone --> UTEOTW but quickly got rid of it. The songs are natural partners, with UTEOTW's wailing intro following the general wailing-guitarness of Gone.

You know, I haven't heard it, but thinking of it now, it sounds like that would be better than Gone --> Ebert.

What are your hopes setlist wise for the next tour?

New tour forum/reopening :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Could one of you kind gentlemen most me a link to the Kunstmuseum thread? I wanna go through it cos I was not there. :sad:

:lol: True that.

Is that Las Vegas boot sound any good? Cos I might get that one.

And just as a disclaimer before I leave, Radiohead's setlist website has a bunch of interesting little things on there that you might wanna take a look at if you want to add anything to u2gigs.

Another reason I can't wait for the new album: so u2.com and u2gigs.com get rid of the hutdab red/black/red/black theme. I'm over it. :lol:

Yes, Las Vegas is proshot (DVD)/soundboard (audio).

Oh yes, what kind of features? Now's a good time for us to work on adding new stuff before the tour rocks around.

Yes, Las Vegas is proshot (DVD)/soundboard (audio).

Oh yes, what kind of features? Now's a good time for us to work on adding new stuff before the tour rocks around.

I'm bringing up the link now, but it's a whole bunch of pie charts and lists of words that Thom Whine sings during shows... they were interesting at any rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom