Vaduz, Liechtenstein Superthread (100 Superthreads!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:yes:

But do you think that Carey, for example, should be forever damned because of his off-field indiscretions and that his football ability should be cast away?

Carey's idiotic behaviour isn't criminal. It's morally reprehensible, but it's really just a public airing of 2 marriages with major problems. I'm no fan of Carey, and wasn't before we all knew he was cheating, but his indiscretions are a personal matter and a moral malfunction of his which he can suck up and deal with. Cousins, however, is a criminal. It's not even just the drugs. Personally, I don't care if people knock themselves out on whatever they want. I'm not a supporter of hard drugs and think they should remain largely illegal, but he's a violent and unstable bloke. His domestic violence charges make me really unforgiving. His being given another chance at this is not going to work. He can go through all the detox money can buy him, but give him another high paying contract and he is going to piss and snort it all away and be involved in more violence with those around him. I don't think he deserves a chance. Honestly, I'd be happy with a no criminal record policy in the game. Who needs exploits off-field detracting from the game and distracting everyone? I just want to focus on the footy.

I may just be a terrible person but when it comes to tennis I always want the American men to get knocked out first. :shifty:

:lol:
If you were Australian you'd not have this problem. Hewitt and Poo cannot stay in a tournie to save their lives these days. I don't even know who else plays in our mens.
:hmm:

Wow I did not know trams travelled that far (I knew I didn't recognise that place, I take it from MC to the final stop)

Some of the lines are ridiculously long. And I mean really ridiculous in the case of the route 86, which takes almost 1.5 hours to complete its full run and never should have been built as a tramway. Trams are inner suburban transport! Railways should serve outer suburbs, not tramways!

If you were Australian you'd not have this problem. Hewitt and Poo cannot stay in a tournie to save their lives these days. I don't even know who else plays in our mens.

I wish Hewitt would kindly just fuck off.

Carey's idiotic behaviour isn't criminal. It's morally reprehensible, but it's really just a public airing of 2 marriages with major problems. I'm no fan of Carey, and wasn't before we all knew he was cheating, but his indiscretions are a personal matter and a moral malfunction of his which he can suck up and deal with. Cousins, however, is a criminal. It's not even just the drugs. Personally, I don't care if people knock themselves out on whatever they want. I'm not a supporter of hard drugs and think they should remain largely illegal, but he's a violent and unstable bloke. His domestic violence charges make me really unforgiving. His being given another chance at this is not going to work. He can go through all the detox money can buy him, but give him another high paying contract and he is going to piss and snort it all away and be involved in more violence with those around him. I don't think he deserves a chance. Honestly, I'd be happy with a no criminal record policy in the game. Who needs exploits off-field detracting from the game and distracting everyone? I just want to focus on the footy.

Good post :up:

I agree on Carey, just another example of something that happens to a lot of people, and what he's done is very (relatively) minor, and it's been overplayed. I mean think what Buddy did: went and asked a girl in a nightclub if he could fuck her. Allegedly. That is so insignificant. There are literally thousands of men who would do that, and it was back page news.

However, I did not know Cousins and domestic violence charges against him, so sorry I didn't realise that was what you were referring to. Has any of his violence been proved though?

The Gooch!!!

I've never been a big fan of Hewitt, though I do support him. Hate Federer though.

It's good, but that's not one that I would call brilliant in particular. Plus, you really have to be there.

If that's what it sounds like on the album, I mean, then I don't get why it's so revered. This Paris boot though, is of superb quality.

Some of the lines are ridiculously long. And I mean really ridiculous in the case of the route 86, which takes almost 1.5 hours to complete its full run and never should have been built as a tramway. Trams are inner suburban transport! Railways should serve outer suburbs, not tramways!

Yes, completely agree! I thought they all did their respective loops in about 20/30 minutes.

Anyway, I'm off to get a haircut.

Ciao bohs

Good post :up:

I agree on Carey, just another example of something that happens to a lot of people, and what he's done is very (relatively) minor, and it's been overplayed. I mean think what Buddy did: went and asked a girl in a nightclub if he could fuck her. Allegedly. That is so insignificant. There are literally thousands of men who would do that, and it was back page news.

However, I did not know Cousins and domestic violence charges against him, so sorry I didn't realise that was what you were referring to. Has any of his violence been proved though?

sorry, my bad! there were no d.v charges that i know of. there should be though.

Oh, we're talking about different Victoria Parks, which would explain Danny's confusion too, since he'd made a comment about wanting them to come to Australia and there's a Victoria Park in Melbourne.

And looking up our Victoria Park on Wikipedia tells me that apparently it's still there, since it's on the Victorian Heritage Register and that's stalling any redevelopment plans.

Oh, we're talking about different Victoria Parks, which would explain Danny's confusion too, since he'd made a comment about wanting them to come to Australia and there's a Victoria Park in Melbourne.

And looking up our Victoria Park on Wikipedia tells me that apparently it's still there, since it's on the Victorian Heritage Register and that's stalling any redevelopment plans.

Oh, OK. I meant the one in London. Fuck. Must have forgotten where Danny was at for a second. Blame it on the late-night posting. :banghead:

Back. Great to be ambushed by demands to visit a supermarket when i'm dropping my sister off at a friends.

You bastard. I need stuff from the supermarket. Why couldn't you pick it up for me, hop on one of your beloved planes, and drop it off at my doorstep?

Oh for the love of God. People will whinge and moan about ANYTHING. There's now a thread on Railpage Australia complaining about "excessive" apologies from V/Line staff about train delays. :|

I'd rather them apologise profusely than fob off people with excuses or say nothing at all and treat their customers like idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom