Vaduz, Liechtenstein Superthread (100 Superthreads!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: What do you think of in rainbows by the way?

stole him?? :ohmy: what do you mean?

did you see him at 3/4 time on channel seven when he goes "happy birthday by the way" to ricky olarenshaw? i like roosy.

I missed that because we had to leave to get to the soccer game in time before the loser parking filled up. Sunday was an evil day possessed by evil AntiAnna demons.
:tsk:

And the Roos sig is the only thing I lost when the new forum came in. But I missed the change over anyway as I'd not been on here for about 4 weeks or something. Now I don't know how to change anything or how to find stuff. I'll get around to it one of these days, lol.

Another HOC hater? :angry: Gorgeous song. I love Arpeggi too. Reckoner and Videotape are the weak ones to me. Nice songs, but they float there without much punch. Bodysnatchers is unbelievable; great to hear them rocking out like that again.

It's not my Radiohead survivor. It was run by namkcuR. :yes:

It literally goes nowhere though... and I really like the contrasting music and the lyrics in Videotape. Bodysnatchers I didn't like at first but do now.

He disappeared when doing the Beatles one as well. If he immediately tries to start another once this one is done, mayeb someone should have a chat. :lol:

Non importa che succede adesso
Non dovresti aver paura
Perche so oggi e stato il piu perfetto giorno ho mai vessuto

:laugh: You can even see Moonee Valley Racecourse ... well, not quite from my place, but nearly. It's all of a 10-15 minute walk away. I've never actually been TO it, but walked or bussed past it.

And here's definitive photographic proof that it's not just made up - OK, so I just wanted an excuse to post railway photos. :wink:

s640x480

s640x480

:lmao: You're my hero of the day. I adore railway crossings. Sad as they are. I reckon the govt will make plans to abolish them all before too much longer.

I missed that because we had to leave to get to the soccer game in time before the loser parking filled up. Sunday was an evil day possessed by evil AntiAnna demons.
:tsk:

And the Roos sig is the only thing I lost when the new forum came in. But I missed the change over anyway as I'd not been on here for about 4 weeks or something. Now I don't know how to change anything or how to find stuff. I'll get around to it one of these days, lol.

:lmao:

Well hopefully he's back soon.

Like this man will be :hyper:

bennyc.jpg

I don't get the love for railway crossings... they all look scummy as hell to me.

It literally goes nowhere though... and I really like the contrasting music and the lyrics in Videotape. Bodysnatchers I didn't like at first but do now.

He disappeared when doing the Beatles one as well. If he immediately tries to start another once this one is done, mayeb someone should have a chat. :lol:

To each their own. It may not go anywhere, but I sure enjoy the ride. I like Videotape's weird drums. Those are cool.

Speaking of scummy!! Ironic, isn't it. :madspit: I'm actually dead surprised he has a supporter out there. You're fascinating me. I want to poke you with a stick or something.

:lmao: You're my hero of the day. I adore railway crossings. Sad as they are. I reckon the govt will make plans to abolish them all before too much longer.

Oooh, well, in that case, this is easily one of my favourite photos that I've taken, in Prahran:

s640x480

Due to idiotic motorists causing a recent spate of level crossing accidents like the Kerang accident last year, the Victorian government has a "no new level crossings policy" and is working to phase out the current ones. Only thing is, there are SO MANY of them in inner Melbourne, many of which would be extremely difficult to bypass, that I see them hanging around for a good few decades yet. Like the one in the Moonee Ponds pictures crossing Puckle Street, I've no idea how you could possibly avoid that.

My favourite parts of the album are the final lyrics to Videotape, and the two outros for Weird Fishes and All I Need. They kcik asss....

All I Need is a top 5 Radiohead track for me, and I second the comments about Arpeggi's outro. The song starts so fragile and then...

Speaking of scummy!! Ironic, isn't it. :madspit: I'm actually dead surprised he has a supporter out there. You're fascinating me. I want to poke you with a stick or something.

Careful.....

Apart from the whole drugs thing, he was an utterly SENSATIONAL footballer to watch and I dearly hope Hutchy has some good news for me tonight on the Footy Show.

And Sam Newman's back tonight as wel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

I've no idea who you're talking about, but:

Apart from the whole drugs thing, he was an utterly SENSATIONAL footballer to watch

I would have thought that the former would negate the latter there.

Yeah, that's why I'm so against him. The AFL is full of brilliant and classy players who are not outshone by such disgraceful off-field bullshit. I wont go on and on. Danny doesn't need my pulpit lecturing, besides the fact he's dead against the off-field crap as well!
:wink:

Yes but it's very annoying when people negate a footballer's exploits because they've done some questionable things off field.

It's why I was very angry when Wayne Carey wasn't inducted into the hall of fame this year, and that it took them until last year to induct Gary Ablett. Just because they've done drugs/whatever else doesn't mean they weren't a wildly sensational footballer.

Now here's a level crossing for you. Railway lines crossing not just the road, but tram tracks as well (four such crossings exist in Melbourne). This is the one in Glenhuntly:

s640x480

s640x480

s640x480

I hit the bottom... hit the bottom and escape :love:

Gotta say, that was, (at the risk of sounding like a pretentious wank for a second) transcendent when I saw them live. Note-perfect and even heavier than on the album because of the general loudness.

Yeah, that's why I'm so against him. The AFL is full of brilliant and classy players who are not outshone by such disgraceful off-field bullshit. I wont go on and on. Danny doesn't need my pulpit lecturing, besides the fact he's dead against the off-field crap as well!
:wink:

:yes:

But do you think that Carey, for example, should be forever damned because of his off-field indiscretions and that his football ability should be cast away?

wow. all they sell here is chicken

Yeah, the burgers are chicken burgers of various kinds. I don't know what the hell else they're meant to sell! I mean, sure, they sell things like chicken drumsticks and stuff here too, but I consider that a side dish to a burger. As for a whole chook or a substantial portion of one or something ... well, if I want that, I'd buy it from the supermarket rather than KFC!

Gotta say, that was, (at the risk of sounding like a pretentious wank for a second) transcendent when I saw them live. Note-perfect and even heavier than on the album because of the general loudness.

gahwhwh :faint:

Man... I'd serisouly consider going if they come here.

:ohmy: I catch that tram to wog school I think. It goes past Melb Central on latrobe yes?

:ohmy: I catch that tram to wog school I think. It goes past Melb Central on latrobe yes?

Yeah, the route 67 is one of the routes that ends up crossing LaTrobe on Swanston Street. That photo is right at the southern extremity of the Melbourne tram network. Probably about an hour trip by tram from there to Melbourne Central!

Now here's a level crossing for you. Railway lines crossing not just the road, but tram tracks as well (four such crossings exist in Melbourne).

Crossings in Melbourne seem much better maintained than those in NSW. We don't have the numbers you guys do, though. That crossing with the tram lines is awesome!
:love:

that's what we have here too, are the wedges. but we don't have fries/chips.

personally, i get the mashed potatoes.

The wedges were a limited time thing here. Though KFC's chips are fatter and more potato-y than what you'd get from Macca's or Hungry Jack's.

They do sell the mashed potatoes with gravy things here as a side dish with some of the bigger meals.

Crossings in Melbourne seem much better maintained than those in NSW. We don't have the numbers you guys do, though. That crossing with the tram lines is awesome!
:love:

I imagine some of the crossings outside inner Melbourne are probably in poorer shape. I don't see the level crossings on lightly used rural lines getting much love! Then Kerang happens and people come out and blast the railways when it's the idiot driver at fault ...

I've been going around and photographing the train/tram crossings while they still exist. Done three of the four so far. I expect them to be bypassed fairly soon as the trains are limited to 15km/h when crossing the tram tracks.

Yeah, the route 67 is one of the routes that ends up crossing LaTrobe on Swanston Street. That photo is right at the southern extremity of the Melbourne tram network. Probably about an hour trip by tram from there to Melbourne Central!

Wow I did not know trams travelled that far (I knew I didn't recognise that place, I take it from MC to the final stop)

They already went by a couple of times. I know they played in Victoria Park to 40,000 people tonight.

What do you mean sorry??

And I just listened to Idioteque live. What's so good about it???

The wedges were a limited time thing here. Though KFC's chips are fatter and more potato-y than what you'd get from Macca's or Hungry Jack's.

They do sell the mashed potatoes with gravy things here as a side dish with some of the bigger meals.
you can get single servings here. my mashed potatoes are better, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom