Vaduz, Liechtenstein Superthread (100 Superthreads!) - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2008, 09:44 PM   #106
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we always try to offer you advice when needed, we always try to help you when needed, and we'll always be around to answer questions if needed.

Whether you intend to use that information to your advantage is up to you, however.
I do want your knowledge and help. I know it can be tough getting through to me. I am so use to being strong and untouchable for the sake of others. I have always had to be there for people. Now you are getting through. I hope months and years of my wall don't keep you from trying again.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:44 PM   #107
The Male

Local Time: 11:03 PM
I listened to Patti Smith's Horses for the first time tonight. What an unusual little record. Many of the piano melodies are sublime, and I like the production.

Now.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:45 PM   #108
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Of course.
A good start would be for everyone to make a big list of them. It would be good for me to see all of them.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:45 PM   #109
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I listened to Patti Smith's Horses for the first time tonight. What an unusual little record. Many of the piano melodies are sublime, and I like the production.
Ugh. There's an artist that I just could never get into. I respect what she accomplished, and obviously her cover of Because The Night is superb, but I just never liked her.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:47 PM   #110
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
I do want your knowledge and help. I know it can be tough getting through to me. I am so use to being strong and untouchable for the sake of others. I have always had to be there for people. Now you are getting through. I hope months and years of my wall don't keep you from trying again.
This is what I like to hear.

Don't misinterpret my ribbings and general verbal roughness as hatred, Screwy. I think you can be rather insufferable, but I do think you have the capacity for kindness towards others (and have shown this in the past) and I want to help you out as much as I am capable. Hell, if I can help make one person better than they were previously, my years on this forum haven't been in vain.

Now.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:48 PM   #111
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:03 PM
Quote:
You are right. I can and usually am something of an idiot.

I didn't mean to tell you all to fuck off. I love you all actually. Not in a romantic way of course.

The thing is I am so used to having to be there for people and never having anyone else to lean on. I was wrong. I have you guys. I guess I am so used to having to deal with stuff alone that I accept and become certain of things. Then I realized you can be something but that it doesn't define you.

I was also wrong when I said I could learn more than I could teach. I can't learn more from a classroom but I can learn more from you. I don't feel human. Maybe you all could help me feel like I am and not try to remain a ghost. You know, being there and touching people but never showing that you are human like everyone else.

I need help only the people here could give. I want to fix my flaws and be a better human being. Will you help me?
We are here for you. If you need help, just give the word.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:49 PM   #112
Blue Crack Addict

By the way, I want to apologize for coming off like an ass or a jerk the last few days. Part of it is that I'm off my anti-depressants (with doctor approval) and I have to work as best I can through bad days now. Also I really miss Emma. Talking to her would have been really helpful this week.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:49 PM   #113
The Male

Quote:
Ugh. There's an artist that I just could never get into. I respect what she accomplished, and obviously her cover of Because The Night is superb, but I just never liked her.
Not even Gloria? The thing I don't care for concerning that early stuff is that she comes off as a female Lou Reed circa Loaded, and the fragility the lyrics don't come through as they should. But the musicianship can't be faulted.

Now.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:53 PM   #114
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Not even Gloria? The thing I don't care for concerning that early stuff is that she comes off as a female Lou Reed circa Loaded, and the fragility the lyrics don't come through as they should. But the musicianship can't be faulted.
Meh, it's ok. Certainly not bad or anything, just not my thing.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:55 PM   #115
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
This is what I like to hear.

Don't misinterpret my ribbings and general verbal roughness as hatred, Screwy. I think you can be rather insufferable, but I do think you have the capacity for kindness towards others (and have shown this in the past) and I want to help you out as much as I am capable. Hell, if I can help make one person better than they were previously, my years on this forum haven't been in vain.
I sort of feel like my life is a poorly built house. It is missing some support, needs a paint job and should accept house guests. Now I'm finally bringing in some professionals.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:57 PM   #116
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
By the way, I want to apologize for coming off like an ass or a jerk the last few days. Part of it is that I'm off my anti-depressants (with doctor approval) and I have to work as best I can through bad days now. Also I really miss Emma. Talking to her would have been really helpful this week.
No worries.

Now get your ass over here

http://forum.interference.com/f221/r...nt-187673.html

And say you want to participate. That will make you feel better.

Although I'm not sure we'll have enough interested people, but no big deal either way.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:59 PM   #117
The Male

Quote:
I sort of feel like my life is a poorly built house. It is missing some support, needs a paint job and should accept house guests. Now I'm finally bringing in some professionals.
I always appreciate the kind word, but I have my fair share of problems as well. We all do.

Now, if I had a degree or something...maybe then that would be a great analogy.

Now.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:59 PM   #118
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
This just made me think of a Springsteen lyric...

"So you've been broken and you've been hurt
Show me somebody who ain't
Yeah, I know I ain't nobody's bargain
But, hell, a little touchup
and a little paint..."
Old 06-25-2008, 10:01 PM   #119
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
This just made me think of a Springsteen lyric...

"So you've been broken and you've been hurt
Show me somebody who ain't
Yeah, I know I ain't nobody's bargain
But, hell, a little touchup
and a little paint..."
What song is that?
Old 06-25-2008, 10:02 PM   #120
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Are people actually out having a life tonight? WTF?
lol wwtf no

Tags
superthread