Vaduz, Liechtenstein Superthread (100 Superthreads!) - Page 37 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2008, 02:12 AM   #541
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 04:17 AM
I may just be a terrible person but when it comes to tennis I always want the American men to get knocked out first.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:12 AM   #542
Jesus Online

Local Time: 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBL_04 View Post

But do you think that Carey, for example, should be forever damned because of his off-field indiscretions and that his football ability should be cast away?
Carey's idiotic behaviour isn't criminal. It's morally reprehensible, but it's really just a public airing of 2 marriages with major problems. I'm no fan of Carey, and wasn't before we all knew he was cheating, but his indiscretions are a personal matter and a moral malfunction of his which he can suck up and deal with. Cousins, however, is a criminal. It's not even just the drugs. Personally, I don't care if people knock themselves out on whatever they want. I'm not a supporter of hard drugs and think they should remain largely illegal, but he's a violent and unstable bloke. His domestic violence charges make me really unforgiving. His being given another chance at this is not going to work. He can go through all the detox money can buy him, but give him another high paying contract and he is going to piss and snort it all away and be involved in more violence with those around him. I don't think he deserves a chance. Honestly, I'd be happy with a no criminal record policy in the game. Who needs exploits off-field detracting from the game and distracting everyone? I just want to focus on the footy.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:15 AM   #543
Jesus Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
I may just be a terrible person but when it comes to tennis I always want the American men to get knocked out first.

If you were Australian you'd not have this problem. Hewitt and Poo cannot stay in a tournie to save their lives these days. I don't even know who else plays in our mens.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:16 AM   #544
The Male

Local Time: 01:17 AM
Quote:
What do you mean sorry??

And I just listened to Idioteque live. What's so good about it???
It's good, but that's not one that I would call brilliant in particular. Plus, you really have to be there.

Now.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:16 AM   #545
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Wow I did not know trams travelled that far (I knew I didn't recognise that place, I take it from MC to the final stop)
Some of the lines are ridiculously long. And I mean really ridiculous in the case of the route 86, which takes almost 1.5 hours to complete its full run and never should have been built as a tramway. Trams are inner suburban transport! Railways should serve outer suburbs, not tramways!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-26-2008, 02:17 AM   #546
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Harlem View Post

If you were Australian you'd not have this problem. Hewitt and Poo cannot stay in a tournie to save their lives these days. I don't even know who else plays in our mens.
I wish Hewitt would kindly just fuck off.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-26-2008, 02:18 AM   #547
45:33

Quote:
Carey's idiotic behaviour isn't criminal. It's morally reprehensible, but it's really just a public airing of 2 marriages with major problems. I'm no fan of Carey, and wasn't before we all knew he was cheating, but his indiscretions are a personal matter and a moral malfunction of his which he can suck up and deal with. Cousins, however, is a criminal. It's not even just the drugs. Personally, I don't care if people knock themselves out on whatever they want. I'm not a supporter of hard drugs and think they should remain largely illegal, but he's a violent and unstable bloke. His domestic violence charges make me really unforgiving. His being given another chance at this is not going to work. He can go through all the detox money can buy him, but give him another high paying contract and he is going to piss and snort it all away and be involved in more violence with those around him. I don't think he deserves a chance. Honestly, I'd be happy with a no criminal record policy in the game. Who needs exploits off-field detracting from the game and distracting everyone? I just want to focus on the footy.

Good post

I agree on Carey, just another example of something that happens to a lot of people, and what he's done is very (relatively) minor, and it's been overplayed. I mean think what Buddy did: went and asked a girl in a nightclub if he could fuck her. Allegedly. That is so insignificant. There are literally thousands of men who would do that, and it was back page news.

However, I did not know Cousins and domestic violence charges against him, so sorry I didn't realise that was what you were referring to. Has any of his violence been proved though?
Old 06-26-2008, 02:20 AM   #548
45:33

Quote:

The Gooch!!!

I've never been a big fan of Hewitt, though I do support him. Hate Federer though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
It's good, but that's not one that I would call brilliant in particular. Plus, you really have to be there.
If that's what it sounds like on the album, I mean, then I don't get why it's so revered. This Paris boot though, is of superb quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Some of the lines are ridiculously long. And I mean really ridiculous in the case of the route 86, which takes almost 1.5 hours to complete its full run and never should have been built as a tramway. Trams are inner suburban transport! Railways should serve outer suburbs, not tramways!
Yes, completely agree! I thought they all did their respective loops in about 20/30 minutes.

Anyway, I'm off to get a haircut.

Ciao bohs
Old 06-26-2008, 02:23 AM   #549
Vocal parasite

See you later, Danny!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-26-2008, 02:23 AM   #550
Vocal parasite

Quote:
They already went by a couple of times. I know they played in Victoria Park to 40,000 people tonight.
Wait, Victoria Park is still in use? I thought that was being torn down or something?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-26-2008, 02:24 AM   #551
The Male

Later, Dan

Now.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:25 AM   #552
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Wait, Victoria Park is still in use? I thought that was being torn down or something?
No, they definitely used it.

Radiohead at Victoria Park, E3 live reviews | Music | Arts & Entertainment - Times Online

Now.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:26 AM   #553
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 04:17 AM
LemonMelon, I'm reading some of your eopinions reviews and lists. Good stuff.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:28 AM   #554
Jesus Online

Quote:
Good post

I agree on Carey, just another example of something that happens to a lot of people, and what he's done is very (relatively) minor, and it's been overplayed. I mean think what Buddy did: went and asked a girl in a nightclub if he could fuck her. Allegedly. That is so insignificant. There are literally thousands of men who would do that, and it was back page news.

However, I did not know Cousins and domestic violence charges against him, so sorry I didn't realise that was what you were referring to. Has any of his violence been proved though?
sorry, my bad! there were no d.v charges that i know of. there should be though.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:28 AM   #555
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Oh, we're talking about different Victoria Parks, which would explain Danny's confusion too, since he'd made a comment about wanting them to come to Australia and there's a Victoria Park in Melbourne.

And looking up our Victoria Park on Wikipedia tells me that apparently it's still there, since it's on the Victorian Heritage Register and that's stalling any redevelopment plans.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread