UYMFA - General content holding tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the idea of the thread to rag on things we think are dumb and make fun of them? That implies some sort of vocal member dislike, right?

Maybe I'm missing something here.

Well yes, sort of. It all stemmed from the bali thread.. and what was going on in the bali thread was not necessarily ragging on specific members. It was more off-topic horseplay because they thought the thread was ridiculous, not necessarily the poster that posted it.

Well yes, sort of. It all stemmed from the bali thread.. and what was going on in the bali thread was not necessarily ragging on specific members. It was more off-topic horseplay because they thought the thread was ridiculous, not necessarily the poster that posted it.

Okay, I understand what you're getting at now, but do think it'll get to that inevitably... or already has. Sorry about that.

The whole posts/posts from certain posters thing will keep popping up though, intentional or not.

Okay, I understand what you're getting at now, but do think it'll get to that inevitably... or already has. Sorry about that.

The whole posts/posts from certain posters thing will keep popping up though, intentional or not.

as long as you don't name them directly I'm pretty sure we can all figure out who you are talking about...

as long as you don't name them directly I'm pretty sure we can all figure out who you are talking about...

True, but if that's the only difference, then what's the point in masking it?

I know whatever I say regarding a few people will be construed into something hateful or something, even if I am being reasonable, you know?

dude, why must you be the screen door on my submarine?

Sorry, just playing devil's advocate and trying to understand what's going on.

I don't want to cause any problems here or anything, so I'll just go back to my usual channels for calling out dumb people.

Yeah I can totally understand that so I'm not quite sure this thread will work out. It was a nice effort by Snow though! :heart:

Yeah I can totally understand that so I'm not quite sure this thread will work out. It was a nice effort by Snow though! :heart:

Oh definitely, it's a great idea. I just don't want to cause trouble for anyone but the people I make fun of, that's all.

Oh definitely, it's a great idea. I just don't want to cause trouble for anyone but the people I make fun of, that's all.

:lol: Well.. you could always just say it to their face instead of behind their back (Not that I want to encourage anything like that.) Or as I usually suggest, via pm/IM/email with others.

dude, why must you be the screen door on my submarine?

dying here :lmao:

I know what you mean Lmac, there is the potential for that, however I think as long as it doesn't get hateful/and self policing happens we can make it work.

If you have something to say to the specific poster, like their an idiot/douche whatever, that can probably be said in the main thread, at your own risk.

I can see how quoting a specific post and being mean would be bad, but if it's just a general mocking I don't see the problem - everyone can see the thread and respond in kind or ignore. Anything more than that and you shouldn't really be alone on the internet if you need a Mod to protect you. or something. I dunno.

This thread is more for the general nonsense/breakdown that often derails a thread and can annoy the thread starter and their fans into reporting the nonsense to the mods. If you think the thread starter or other people who post in the main thread would like to participate or respond to said nonsense, then link them here I guess, so the main thread stays virginal and what not.

I really should make an effort to tie the random thoughts together sometime :hmm:

I prefer the saying it to the face method. I like people to know straight up what's goin' down. You heard?

:lol: Well.. you could always just say it to their face instead of behind their back (Not that I want to encourage anything like that.) Or as I usually suggest, via pm/IM/email with others.

I have, especially regarding The Eternal Screw, and always exchange PMs. It's not talking behind anyone's back on an open forum anyway, so yeah.

If I pride myself on anything, it's being honest, I guess.

dying here :lmao:

I know what you mean Lmac, there is the potential for that, however I think as long as it doesn't get hateful/and self policing happens we can make it work.

If you have something to say to the specific poster, like their an idiot/douche whatever, that can probably be said in the main thread, at your own risk.

I can see how quoting a specific post and being mean would be bad, but if it's just a general mocking I don't see the problem - everyone can see the thread and respond in kind or ignore. Anything more than that and you shouldn't really be alone on the internet if you need a Mod to protect you. or something. I dunno.

This thread is more for the general nonsense/breakdown that often derails a thread and can annoy the thread starter and their fans into reporting the nonsense to the mods. If you think the thread starter or other people who post in the main thread would like to participate or respond to said nonsense, then link them here I guess, so the main thread stays virginal and what not.

I really should make an effort to tie the random thoughts together sometime :hmm:

Awesome, if that's the intent, then I'll try my best to stick to that. :up:

I have, especially regarding The Eternal Screw, and always exchange PMs. It's not talking behind anyone's back on an open forum anyway, so yeah.

If I pride myself on anything, it's being honest, I guess.

Yeah that's what I meant, I'm sure everyone talks behind others backs via pm and email but doing it in public is a different story.

And I appreciate that you want to follow the rules, you're a good person LMP ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom