uselessness of today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
if im using an 'always-on':tsk: connection after signing in...am i always 'logged' in?
am i only logged in when i have a browser open?
am i only logged in when i am within the interference related web?

when am i logged in?
i can't see when i'm not here.

You are logged in when you log in here.

You will continue to be on until you log out, even if you close your browser.

You'll know you are logged in if you have the option to log out at the home page.

Bonochick said:
You are logged in when you log in here.

You will continue to be on until you log out, even if you close your browser.

You'll know you are logged in if you have the option to log out at the home page.

but as far as i know i am presently logged in from two seperate IP addresses. right now i post from work. but this morning i was posting through my cable connection at home. and i didn't log out.

is there no guard against logging in from two seperate sites?
if not, it must appear that i am perpetually on this site. becuase rarely do i logout from either address.

If I understand the question correctly, my guess is cookies? :eyebrow:

"When you register, you will be given the option to 'Automatically login when you return to the site'. This will store your username and password in a cookie, stored on your computer. If you are using a shared computer, such as in a library, school or internet cafe, or if you have reason to not trust any other users that might use this computer, we do not recommend that you enable this."

*scratches head*

*isn't really sure if I understand the question in the first place*

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Last edited:
How important is this question

Well kobe will just ignore me but anyway.. but

You're logged in until you log out.
No matter where you are or what ips you're using.
I suppose once you log in at work, and you are already logged in at home, the information about your ip updates to the most current information.

Re: How important is this question

Sicy said:
Well kobe will just ignore me but anyway

:confused:

i figured that's what it must be. it updates itself. i guess it just flips back and forth.

Nope, cookies take care of that. from my somewhat limited knowledge...Always being logged in basically saves a cookie with your ip address and keeps your login and password saved - it just saves you the trouble of typing in your password each time. Whenever the site receives info or requests for info from your ip (basically, whenever you come to the forums), it kicks in the cookie that shows that you are on the site. As long you are browsing the site, interference will keep that cookie enabled that shows that you are here. When you close the browser or go to a different site, interference no longer receives any info from your ip, so the cookie 'shuts off' and you are no longer shown as being on the site.

Someone correct me if I'm way off... :)

it's greek to me.

kobesan i had the same question. only i don't understand any of these answers. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom