useless trivia - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-10-2007, 11:59 AM   #316
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BonoFox1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
Posts: 47,435
Local Time: 02:59 PM
--Louis XV was the first person to use an elevator. In 1743, his "flying chair" carried him between the floors of the Versailles palace.

--In terms of chemical composition, the substance human blood most closely resembles is seawater.

--Tweety first said his line, "I taught I taw a puddy tat!" in 1942's "A Tale of Two Kitties."
__________________

__________________
BonoFox1 is offline  
Old 07-10-2007, 12:00 PM   #317
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BonoFox1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
Posts: 47,435
Local Time: 02:59 PM
--After a male honeybee finishes having sex with the queen, he leaves his penis lodged inside the queen while the rest of his body explodes.


--A Welsh woman, Myra Franklin, sat through 940 screenings of "The Sound of Music."

--In ancient Greece, courtesans wore sandals with nails in the sole so their footprints would leave the message, "Follow me."
__________________

__________________
BonoFox1 is offline  
Old 07-10-2007, 12:01 PM   #318
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BonoFox1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
Posts: 47,435
Local Time: 02:59 PM
--Nicknames for rum include Barbados water, kill-devil, demon water, navy neaters and Nelson's blood.

--Gummi bears were originally called "dancing bears."

--Santa Claus has a brother named Bells Nichols according to French tradition. He visits homes on New Year's Eve after everyone is asleep, and if a plate is set out for him, he fills it with cookies and cakes.

--The word "robot" was created by Karel Capek. It came from Czech/Slovak "robotovat," which means to work very hard.
__________________
BonoFox1 is offline  
Old 07-10-2007, 06:12 PM   #319
Blue Crack Addict
 
Queen Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Please don't shoot him. He's just an intern.
Posts: 17,705
Local Time: 02:59 PM
__________________
Queen Bee is offline  
Old 07-10-2007, 06:24 PM   #320
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BonoFox1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
Posts: 47,435
Local Time: 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Queen Bee
yeah???
__________________
BonoFox1 is offline  
Old 07-10-2007, 06:34 PM   #321
Acrobat
 
Dusty Bottoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: On the veranda
Posts: 443
Local Time: 05:59 PM
__________________
Dusty Bottoms is offline  
Old 07-10-2007, 09:04 PM   #322
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BonoFox1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
Posts: 47,435
Local Time: 02:59 PM
--In Athens, Greece, a driver's license can be lifted by the law if the driver is deemed either 'poorly dressed' or 'unbathed'.

--On the island of Jersey it's against the law for a man to knit during the fishing season.

--In Alabama it is illegal to carry a comb in your pocket, because it may be used as a weapon. This comes after a 13 year old boy was killed when he was stabbed with a comb.
__________________
BonoFox1 is offline  
Old 07-10-2007, 09:05 PM   #323
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BonoFox1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
Posts: 47,435
Local Time: 02:59 PM
--In Michigan, it is illegal to chain an alligator to a fire hydrant.

--It is against the law to whale hunt in Oklahoma.

--It is illegal to sell an ET doll in France. They have a law forbidding the sale of dolls that do not have human faces.
__________________
BonoFox1 is offline  
Old 07-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #324
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BonoFox1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
Posts: 47,435
Local Time: 02:59 PM
--
In Fairbanks, Alaska it is illegal for a moose to walk on the side walk. This dates back to the early days if the town when the owner of the bar had a pet moose that he used to get drunk. The moose would then stumble around the town drunk. The only way the law makers could prevent this from happining was to create the law so the moose could not cross the sidewalk and get into the bar.

--According to a british law passed in 1845, attempting to commit suicide was a capital offense. Offenders could be hanged for trying.

--In Quebec, Canada, an old law states that margarine must be a different colour from butter. This law is the result of Quebec dairy lobbyists' pressure to ''protect'' their dairy business. They claimed margarine was beginning to resemble butter, as to be mistaken for real butter. Make margarine unattractive, and consumers would stick to butter. The Quebec government caved in, and tried to impose a dark vermilion-coloured margarine, which was disgusting. The colour, finally, at the other extreme, is a pallid almost-white-colourless margarine.
__________________
BonoFox1 is offline  
Old 07-11-2007, 06:22 AM   #325
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 08:29 AM
Quote:
--Tweety first said his line, "I taught I taw a puddy tat!" in 1942's "A Tale of Two Kitties."
Robert Clampett invented Tweety Bird while stoned and looking at his baby photos.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 07-12-2007, 02:26 AM   #326
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BonoFox1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
Posts: 47,435
Local Time: 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk


Robert Clampett invented Tweety Bird while stoned and looking at his baby photos.
Now that is cool trivia!!
__________________
BonoFox1 is offline  
Old 07-12-2007, 11:30 AM   #327
Blue Crack Addict
 
RedRocksU2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Murrieta, CA.
Posts: 26,437
Local Time: 03:59 PM
This thread delivers.



QB-
__________________
RedRocksU2 is offline  
Old 07-12-2007, 11:32 AM   #328
Blue Crack Addict
 
RedRocksU2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Murrieta, CA.
Posts: 26,437
Local Time: 03:59 PM
Jim Carrey Trivia;

*In his movie Liar Liar the scene where he beats himself up, no sound effects were used during that scene. Those were the actual sounds of Carrey beating himself up.

*In the film Fun with Dick and Jane the scene where Dick drops from the ceiling and drags his feet on the desk and then falls to the floor actually happened as filmed.

*He was originally cast as Dr. Evil in Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, but he had to drop out of the role due to a scheduling conflict with Liar Liar.

*Wrote letters to Tupac Shakur when Tupac was in prison to help him laugh and smile. Tupac said that Carrey was his favorite actor.

*Was originally offered the lead role in the movie Master of Disguise (2002).

*He is a fan of professional wrestling. WWE is one promotion he likes, but he states that no matter what WCW is his all-time favorite promotion.

*Actress Nicole Kidman, also a noted professional wrestling fan, jokingly blames Carrey, and her son Connor for introducing her to it whenever the subject is brought up in interviews.

*He is the celebrity to win the most MTV popcorn awards and was also the winner of the 2006 MTV Generation Award.

*He is a fan of death metal music and personally requested Cannibal Corpse's appearance in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective[4]

*He was going to play the part of Willy Wonka in the 2005 Tim Burton film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory but they took about 14 months to tell him he got the part, then it was too late as he was doing Fun with Dick and Jane.

*In 1998, Jim Carrey sang a cover of The Beatles song "I Am The Walrus" on George Martin's album In My Life.

*Three of the movies he has acted in have been made into animated TV series: Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, and The Mask on CBS, and Dumb and Dumber on ABC. None of the series lasted longer than two seasons, and none of them featured Jim Carrey's voice (Michael Bell, Rob Paulsen, and Matt Frewer were the respective voice actors).

*He was considered for the role of Captain Jack Sparrow, in the Disney film, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.

*Went through depression in the 1980s while struggling to make ends meet as a comedian.

* Carrey really does have a chipped tooth; for his role in Dumb & Dumber, he simply removed the cap.
__________________
RedRocksU2 is offline  
Old 07-13-2007, 03:22 AM   #329
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BonoFox1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
Posts: 47,435
Local Time: 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by RedrocksU2
Jim Carrey Trivia;

*In his movie Liar Liar the scene where he beats himself up, no sound effects were used during that scene. Those were the actual sounds of Carrey beating himself up.

*In the film Fun with Dick and Jane the scene where Dick drops from the ceiling and drags his feet on the desk and then falls to the floor actually happened as filmed.

*He was originally cast as Dr. Evil in Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, but he had to drop out of the role due to a scheduling conflict with Liar Liar.

*Wrote letters to Tupac Shakur when Tupac was in prison to help him laugh and smile. Tupac said that Carrey was his favorite actor.

*Was originally offered the lead role in the movie Master of Disguise (2002).

*He is a fan of professional wrestling. WWE is one promotion he likes, but he states that no matter what WCW is his all-time favorite promotion.

*Actress Nicole Kidman, also a noted professional wrestling fan, jokingly blames Carrey, and her son Connor for introducing her to it whenever the subject is brought up in interviews.

*He is the celebrity to win the most MTV popcorn awards and was also the winner of the 2006 MTV Generation Award.

*He is a fan of death metal music and personally requested Cannibal Corpse's appearance in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective[4]

*He was going to play the part of Willy Wonka in the 2005 Tim Burton film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory but they took about 14 months to tell him he got the part, then it was too late as he was doing Fun with Dick and Jane.

*In 1998, Jim Carrey sang a cover of The Beatles song "I Am The Walrus" on George Martin's album In My Life.

*Three of the movies he has acted in have been made into animated TV series: Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, and The Mask on CBS, and Dumb and Dumber on ABC. None of the series lasted longer than two seasons, and none of them featured Jim Carrey's voice (Michael Bell, Rob Paulsen, and Matt Frewer were the respective voice actors).

*He was considered for the role of Captain Jack Sparrow, in the Disney film, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.

*Went through depression in the 1980s while struggling to make ends meet as a comedian.

* Carrey really does have a chipped tooth; for his role in Dumb & Dumber, he simply removed the cap.
LOL!!! these are GREAT!!!!!!

Im a Jim Carrey fan
__________________
BonoFox1 is offline  
Old 07-13-2007, 03:31 AM   #330
Refugee
 
Mrs. Vedder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: In Eddie's Bed!
Posts: 1,790
Local Time: 03:59 PM
This a great thread!!!

The Jim Carrey facts are interesting. I did not know about him witting 2Pac in Jail! How cool of him.
__________________

__________________
Mrs. Vedder is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com