Useless Facts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
"...And this has been another Useless Fact"

Or so said Yacko on Animanaiacs. SO I have decided to ask you, my fellow interferencers for your help. Being extremely silly, I have come to the radical decision that it is time to compile the largest conglomeration of usless facts into one post.

I shall begin.

Russian athletes used to eat caviar before every big event because of all the protein. Government would subsidize this.

If the number 111,111,111 is multiplied by itself, the result is all of the digits in ascending to descending order, or 12,345,678,987,654,321.

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

The Pittsburg Steelers football team only has a logo on one side of their helmet because when the team started out the equipment manager didn't double the number of players [two decals per player] and to this day, they've just left it that way.

You cannot lick your own elbow.

Half of you will try this.

smile.gif

------------------
Mone

You ain't nothin without a rhythm section to back you up.

"What Adam does with his willy is his business..." -Bono

by the end of the year 2002 there will be more pigs in canada than there will be humans(no i am not joking
tongue.gif
)

[This message has been edited by kobayashi (edited 04-24-2002).]

Dolphins jump out of the water to conserve energy. It is easier to move through the air than through the water.

Among the music catalogues that Michael Jackson owns the rights to is the
South Carolina State anthem.

Originally posted by kobayashi:
by the end of the year 2002 there will be more pigs in canada than there will be humans(no i am not joking
tongue.gif
)

Right now in New Zealand there are more sheep than people.

Originally posted by Zooropa:
Pigs have thirty minute orgasms. I wanna be a pig!!

*POOF*
Hey!! What happened?? *Oink*

lol i read that somewhere! i wanna be a pig too!

------------------
you've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice..

From the "How do we get this stuff back home?" Department:
In West Virginia, it is technically illegal to possess alcohol within 10 feet of any establishment that sells alcohol.

So you best run fast once you leave the store, or have someone with good hands waiting to catch the alcohol as you throw it from the door, otherwise you could get arrested right as you walk out the door.
biggrin.gif

These facts are all fascinating
smile.gif

Stretch out your arms (to the side). From middle fingertip on one hand to middle fingertip on the other--that's your height.

Originally posted by brettig:
Right now in New Zealand there are more sheep than people.

Contrary to popular belief, there are more sheep per capita in Australia than New Zealand. The figures are supposed to be 30 sheep:1 person Aus, 27 Sheep:1 person NZ.

That amazingly astounding tidbit is not my amazing fact though.

Human blood can NEVER be removed from a surface. You cannot kill someone these days and leave a crime scene free from blood of the victim no matter what you use to clean it or how hard you scrub.

University Professors at Harvard (like Cornel West used to be) are allowed to graze their cows in the lawn of Harvard Yard.

Originally posted by wannabe:
Dolphins jump out of the water to conserve energy. It is easier to move through the air than through the water.

Hey! I learned that in my Animal Mechanics class this year.

Back
Top Bottom