USC v. ND

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who will win this Saturday?

• USC Trojans

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is a tough one as the two teams are among Alabama's closest peers in all of college football's historical existence.

Also, the game is on TV at the same time as the Alabama/Hawaii game.

~U2Alabama

U2Bama said:
This is a tough one as the two teams are among Alabama's closest peers in all of college football's historical existence.

Also, the game is on TV at the same time as the Alabama/Hawaii game.

~U2Alabama

You didnt pick a winner :eyebrow: So i will.....Go Irish!!!!!!!!!!!!

SC all the way!!! I hate ND. They are soo fucking lucky.

i grew up watching usc. Best SC-ND game was '74.(yes i realize most u weren't even born, yet) SC down 24-6 at half. End up winning 55-24! Caused Ara to retire! That was also the year that SC won the rose bowl 18-17 on a two point play. Must admit it has been difficult watching as of late...

Watch and see when SC pounds them harsh, how ND still goes to a major bowl...and SC doesn't.

U2Bama sorry for your loss, last weekend.:wave:

Not so fast people...
ND has an anemic offense. Their defense will be the best USC has faced, but Carson Palmer (and his 5 friends :) )will put up enough points.
USC 24, ND 13

us3 said:

Watch and see when SC pounds them harsh, how ND still goes to a major bowl...and SC doesn't.
SC can still reach the Rose Bowl if UCLA beats Wazzu on 12-7, certainly possible if Gesser is unble to go.

As for ND...win or lose you can expect them in the Orange Bowl , the team travels very well, and has a huge TV audience...BCS people are thrilled at their turnaround.

USC is favored by 10 points, so I'd say that the trojans are as near as a lock as FDR during the 1942 presidential election.

I'm going for USC. If ND can lose, OU, MIA, and Georgia all lose in the next couple of weeks, Iowa could have a slim shot at playing OSU in the Fiesta bowl.

Isn't that the matchup we all want to see?????

As a Trojan fan since 1982, this has been one of the most explosive offenses I've seen.

Carson Palmer has earned the Heisman.

nbcrusader said:
As a Trojan fan since 1982, this has been one of the most explosive offenses I've seen.

Carson Palmer has earned the Heisman.

As great as Palmer has been I have two words for you

LARRY JOHNSON

nbcrusader said:
Come on, your grandmother can rush for 2000+ yards against Penn State's opponents.

Hmmm, last time I checked PSU was in the Big Ten, and Palmer was playing in a no defense league also known as the Pac-10.........:|

Elvis Presley said:

Hmmm, last time I checked PSU was in the Big Ten, and Palmer was playing in a no defense league also known as the Pac-10.........:|

Check your strength of schedule calculations. SC has, by far, the hardest schedule this year.

From CNNSI:

NEW YORK (AP) -- Carson Palmer capped his rise from mediocrity to stardom by winning the Heisman Trophy on Saturday night, taking the bronze statue back to the West Coast for the first time in 21 years.

The Southern California quarterback became the first player from the region to win college football's most prestigious award since running back Marcus Allen did it in 1981.

Palmer received 242 first-place votes and finished ahead of Iowa quarterback Brad Banks.

The senior went 16-16 as a starter before this season, unable to live up to all the expectations he brought with him when he joined the Trojans.

He turned around his career dramatically this year, leading the Trojans to a 10-2 record and a spot in the Orange Bowl -- against Iowa and Banks. Palmer's season highlights included a stunning performance against Notre Dame on national television, crucial for a West Coast Heisman hopeful who didn't get as much exposure as some of the other candidates.

He is the fifth winner from USC, joining Allen, Charles White (1979), O.J. Simpson (1968) and Mike Garrett (1965). USC now has the third most winners, behind Notre Dame (seven) and Ohio State (six).

In what was expected to be one of the closest races in Heisman history, Palmer won by 233 points over Banks. Penn State's Larry Johnson finished third, Miami's Willis McGahee finished fourth and teammate Ken Dorsey finished fifth.

It was the first time in Heisman history all five finalists received more than 100 first-place votes.

Palmer won five of the six regions. Banks won the Midwest with 289 points, 100 more than Palmer.

When his name was called, Palmer kissed his fiance. Their wedding is in July.

"My heart's about to come out of my shirt," Palmer said. "This has been amazing, this whole journey through this season."

What can I say, the Heisman sucks!

Palmer will go down in history with the likes of Crouch, Andre Ware, Gino Toretta, and Charlie Ward.

He also now is the frontrunner to be drafted by my hometown Bengals......

Its all downhill from here Carson, so enjoy your trophy...:|

Elvis Presley said:
What can I say, the Heisman sucks!

Palmer will go down in history with the likes of Crouch, Andre Ware, Gino Toretta, and Charlie Ward.

He also now is the frontrunner to be drafted by my hometown Bengals......

Its all downhill from here Carson, so enjoy your trophy...:|

Unlike Toretta and Ward, Palmer will probably actually make a career of playing football.

I hope he likes Southern Ohio in the winter.....

Back
Top Bottom