USA vs. Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by jezebel:
Congrats to the Canucks! So will tomorrow be a national holiday?
biggrin.gif

I'm sure it well be Jezebel!
smile.gif

Originally posted by BabyGrace:
well, congrats to Canada, lady's Mario

hehe, I like the sound of that...I do, I do...He's SUCH a gentleman, off and on the ice....gosh I love that man!

Anyhow, I personally thought the U.S. was the strongest of the two in the third period (so I'm not sure what you mean about them being shaky BabyGrace!)

I'm just so happy right now!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.gif

what's a spunk???
If it means cute in a youthful way, I'd have to guess Niedermayer (he's got that cute, intellectual look going)...but you can have him, I just want Mario!!!!!!

Amanda,
They showed this in Australia????!?!?

I love my country.

That was the most nerve racking game I've ever seen. Wow. The States were all over us in that third period. Richter made some awesome saves, wow.

Gretzky looked so happy. God, I love Sakic and Iginla.

Did Belfour's medal break?

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 02-24-2002).]

YAY CANADA!!!

I think Nieuwendyk is the one with the kid...
confused.gif

Props to Kariya, Sakic and Brodeur!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
SlipStream Soul

[This message has been edited by J-Tree (edited 02-24-2002).]

Yes, Sakic IS hot...and great, too...(he's always been my 2nd fave btw...a distant 2nd but 2nd nevertheless!)

I know you have tell 'manda but I didn't know if they'd show an ice hockey game!!
Glad to hear they did, though!!!!
the more converts, the better!

haha lady, glad you enjoyed the game, Im sure all of Canada's gone crazy with you
biggrin.gif

I only saw the third period and I though the US played as though they were scared to lose which is not how you win something. they got Canada back on their heels a bit right around the middle of the period but that goal right after the powerplay pretty much broke their back..
oh well, congrats Canada
smile.gif

*still feels sorry for Roenick and LeClair
frown.gif

and Manda, Kariya is sooo much better..you found him yet?
biggrin.gif

when it comes right down to it, if not for the glorious save against Brett Hull by hockey god Martin Brodeur on that power play with 5 mins left, this game probably would have went to overtime

*beams with pride for favorite player*

*raises glass to Martin Brodeur

he's won the Devils two Stanley Cups, now I have to suck it up and be happy for him as he gets gold, congrats Marty!!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
when it comes right down to it, if not for the glorious save against Brett Hull by hockey god Martin Brodeur on that power play with 5 mins left, this game probably would have went to overtime

Er,okay Wanderer...but the score was 5-2, not 5-4....

But whatever makes you feel better!
wink.gif

Anyhow, are you seeing the scenes on the t.v. across Canada??? People are all out on the streets, celebrating, getting drunk...One big party!!!

Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead:
Anyhow, are you seeing the scenes on the t.v. across Canada??? People are all out on the streets, celebrating, getting drunk...One big party!!!

My favourite is the shot of those guys who climbed on top of the street cars in downtown Toronto with flags. I went out just now, and you wouldn't believe what the situation on Eglinton Ave. is.
biggrin.gif

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

i couldn't be happier for those guys. a lot of dreams were realized today for a lot of people across canada and the world.

great game, US played very well, impressive showing from richter.

more eloquent post to follow. i have been waiting since i could understand both hockey and the olympics for this day
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Believe it or not, this was the first hockey game I have EVER seen! I guess if you have to start somewhere, this is the place to start. I LIKE HOCKEY!!! I may have to watch it again sometime!
biggrin.gif

That was brilliant!!! What a game!! I nearly had a heart attack ten times over but in the end we did it!!!!!!! woooooo hooooooo

50 years Canada has been waiting for this moment!!!! Yay! Canada rocks!

Good job guys let the party's begin! Downtown is crazy with people and their flags!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

That was sweet! After the game, we went driving around the city honking horns and waving the flag. It was one big party, and everyone was so happy. Nothing like hockey to bring the country together.

Back
Top Bottom