USA v Mexico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At least the US won't be playing at "home" in front of 80,000 Mexico fans.

I'm not a big soccer guy, but I wasn't very encouraged by the way the US played the other night. They played like crap and were lucky to move on. I don't know if they can go on any further. I hope they can, they just need to play better, especially at the beginning of the game.

sparkys girl said:

i can understand how you feel. my mother just got back from queretaro and she said that ppl are really excited! she said that team coverage is almost 24/7, stuff like what the players have eaten, will eat, interviews w/their families and things of that sort.

i have always thought, it must be fun to be in a country that goes all out for futbol, the world cup atmosphere must be amazing, esp if the team is doing well. don't get me wrong we get excited in the US too, but on a smaller scale. *maybe someday* we will catch futbol fever too!

best of luck to both teams! may the better team on the field tonight win!

Speaking about the 24/7 coverage, I saw our players singing karaeoke the other night, and guess what they were singing???
With or without you!!

I heard that Spain broadcast even the trainings live, with commentators and all...

Last edited:
rafmed said:

Speaking about the 24/7 coverage, I saw our players singing karaeoke the other night, and guess what they were singing???
With or without you!!

I heard that Spain broadcast even the trainings live, with commentators and all...

the men have talent and good taste!

rafmed said:
Will be a hard game, Mexico and USA play a lot of games in between, friendlies and in competition, we know each other too well, hope we keep our current level.
Vamos Mexico!

a man who knows his stuff!

I'm watching the game right now!! Should be a good one! The two teams I root for! But I have to go with MEXICO!

this time maybe raf,
but they played well through the competition,good exciting soccer.
VivaMexico.
:angel: luna:kiss:

brettig said:

And O'Brien punches the ball like a great aussie rules fullback!

They wouldn't have been able to put the penalty kick by Brad Friedel. The man is invincible.

I love going for the underdog and being all surprised and happy.

VIVA AMERICA!!!

---->pulls Raffies ear. Sorry hon. :kiss:

lg_mcbride_reyna_ap-01.jpg

BRAVO USA!!!!!!!!!:happy:

I remember a few years back when mexico won, violence ensued on the streets in surrounding neighborhoods.
This time, I had to endure all the anti-USA talk from all the mexicans that live here, and though I have nothing against mexico or their players at all, I'm still relieved and ecstatic to see the Americans win. :yes:

Last edited:
puppy power!! landon donovan after he scored a great header!

Attachments

• puppypower.jpg
    puppypower.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 62
:( MEXICO! *sigh*

But USA won and I was happy for them! I mean USA and Mex are my teams! It's sad to see Mex go though! But I'm happy and excited for the next game! GO USA!!!

Back
Top Bottom