Usa, Oita, Japan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
when is the start of kunstmuseum? because if it's a weekend, i could probably get out to liechtenstein (tho i'd prefer that in the spring and not february) and start a thread from the museum itself if they've got a wireless cafe....we've never had a usperthread with that title anyway...

The Kunstmuseum was on 25 February. Alas, that's a Wednesday next year. But 22 February, the first year anniversary of the postwhorehouse, is a Sunday.

also for the superthread anniversary which started in pop, we should go some location significant to the album.

miiiiiiiami or... no, please don't do the obvious playboy mansion. even though i am the only person on the planet (it seems) who loves that song.

Can I veto Miami and the Playboy Mansion right now?

:lol:

Why not go straight to the sun?
I'll never forget the first time I heard that song. I had no idea U2 were producing the album (no internet for me then), and I was like "what?????!!!!! THIS IS U2!!!!!" and I loved it before I knew it.

:lol:

Why not go straight to the sun?
I'll never forget the first time I heard that song. I had no idea U2 were producing the album (no internet for me then), and I was like "what?????!!!!! THIS IS U2!!!!!" and I loved it before I knew it.

I should clarify, I don't know if I actually Like SATS even to this day, but I 'love' it because it was a new album without the joys of the internet to ruin it for me. Good times.

OH I KNOW WHERE THE SUPERTHREAD ANNIVERSARY THREAD SHOULD BE.

La Belle Discotheque, West Berlin.

God, I hope you guys get that.

we are so east berlin in the superthread though.

Yes, but La Belle got bombed.

We've kind of bombed the forum, according to some. We've certainly had a blast ourselves. (lawl lawl lawlz)

See you, Vazza! :wave:

And to clarify for the confused:

Wikipedia said:
The Berlin discotheque bombing of 5 April 1986 was a terrorist attack on the La Belle discotheque, West Berlin, Germany, that was frequented by U.S. soldiers.
[...]
Libya was blamed for the bombing after telex messages had been intercepted from Libya to the Libyan East Berlin embassy congratulating them on a job well done.

Yeah, I'm just bringing the obscure nerdy humour here with this suggestion, aren't I?

Oh, and:

also, a specific place seems off our usual pattern...though the swimming pool is too

We've done things like Broomrape Lane, Bland Place, 8 Hiscock Road, and The Esses before too.

And going to the Kunstmuseum on its anniversary would be a specific place.

Global Grind

oh. dear. non-existent. god.

1376260896_8ea430c686_o.jpg

I'm going there to play some death metal. Be back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom