USA: Find Your City on the Most Dangerous List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ouizy said:
The fact that NYC is #120 is laughable.

I have been to many of the 119 cities before it and all I have to say is that I would feel more safe walking naked through those, than walking home from work on any given night here...

I think they are deciding this based on crimes per person. So there are ALOT of people in NYC and if there is more crime, you can balance it out with the population.

Oakland at #24? I guess I'm not too surprised, as I don't really feel too unsafe around here, though there definitely are parts of Oakland I've either never been to (and don't plan on visiting) or avoid as much as possible.

Those statistics seem weird as long as small arms possesion laws and ammunition sales laws are not changed at all, in my humble opinion.

Sorry to disturb you, anyway... :reject:

#85 Rochester, NY. I thought this ranking was pretty safe until a friend of mine was held up at gun point Saturday night. Pretty frickin' scary. (She's okay btw.)

I don't understand why they exclude cities that are under 75,000 in population? My town only has 50,000 in it but a much larger metro area depending on how you define the boundries of the metro area.

Back
Top Bottom