US Open Tennis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
federer ios the obvious choice he's been playing ridiculous tennis.

Since Roddick split with Brad Gilbert I think his game has actually gone down a bit. I feel like things that gilbert brought to his game ( better net play for example) have actually regressed.

I'm actually interested in seeing if marat safin decides to show up, or be his usual headcase self. The man has such ridiculous talent I think if he had even 1 percent of federers mental game he'd rule the world.

There is a great Article in GQ this month on Safin and Anyone looking for a US open preview should check out this months tennis magazine.

Nalbandian all the way :hyper:

:reject:

More seriously speaking, I think Federer has the highest chances... but who knows, maybe this kid Nadal (as much as I hate him) can have a shot at the finals as well. After all, he won Montreal beating Agassi in hard courts last month.

Federer will win the men's. I just hope it's not another Federer/Roddick final. :yuck: I hate Andy Roddick AND his stupid adverts on TV.

As for the women's singles, I'm not sure. I'd like to see Justine win it...her game really has improved over the years. I can still remember her first Wimbledon final. I have my fingers crossed for the Williams sisters too, but I have my doubts about Serena, what with her injuries. If Sharapova wins, I think I'll break something.

speedracer said:

Isn't everybody Federer's bitch, pretty much?

Umm, maybe.

Although Nadal kicked his butt in the French Open. And I think he will also have a hard time against Safin, if he is playing well.

the rockin edge said:

:love:

I am so sick of watching roddick - federer

Ugh! Lleyton Hewitt was right to bitch about the seeding at Wimbledon - they're trying to set up finals between Roddick and Federer, why I don't know. It's not exciting anymore!

I'll be sending Andy bad vibes prior to the start of the tournament. Maybe it will help.

GibsonGirl said:

Ugh! Lleyton Hewitt was right to bitch about the seeding at Wimbledon - they're trying to set up finals between Roddick and Federer, why I don't know. It's not exciting anymore!

I'll be sending Andy bad vibes prior to the start of the tournament. Maybe it will help.

I know, I don't understand why either.

I've been sending him bad vibes for the last year:wink:

Federer is the MAN! I'll be very surprised if he doesn't win.

Nadal is a lot of fun to watch. Is it just me or does he flex his "left" bicep every time he wins a point? He actually puts the racket into his right hand so he can fist pump his left bicep. Why, you ask? His left bicep is huge compared to his right one (being left handed). You would think that having such a variance would offset his balance. I guess not.

In other news: I'm playing in my first club tennis tournatment in a few hours!! I hope I win!!

boosterjuice said:
Federer is the MAN! I'll be very surprised if he doesn't win.

Nadal is a lot of fun to watch. Is it just me or does he flex his "left" bicep every time he wins a point? He actually puts the racket into his right hand so he can fist pump his left bicep. Why, you ask? His left bicep is huge compared to his right one (being left handed). You would think that having such a variance would offset his balance. I guess not.

In other news: I'm playing in my first club tennis tournatment in a few hours!! I hope I win!!

tennis players often put their racket in their non dominant hand after a point, it gives the muscles in the lower arm a chance to rest. So he may be doing that, then just flexing, which defeats the purpose of resting that arm, but that would explain why he switches.

As for Nadal beating federer on clay, red clay takes great players and turns them into nothing sometimes. I personally hate the Red stuff it messes with my footwork. But Playing tennis on clay is only a worthy metric of performance, on clay.

Arun V said:

As for Nadal beating federer on clay, red clay takes great players and turns them into nothing sometimes. I personally hate the Red stuff it messes with my footwork. But Playing tennis on clay is only a worthy metric of performance, on clay.

No kidding. Anybody remember Thomas Muster?

speedracer said:

No kidding. Anybody remember Thomas Muster?

or ever bruguera or berasategui? Remember Pete sampras never did anything on the red clay either.

the rockin edge said:
Safin withdrew because of an injury today

One less threat for Federer. Safin is one of the only 3 players to beat him this year. That's very impressive of Federer. Out of 67 games, he lost only 3.

boosterjuice said:

One less threat for Federer. Safin is one of the only 3 players to beat him this year. That's very impressive of Federer. Out of 67 games, he lost only 3.

Safin, he truly does betray his gift with his head, and now this.

federers record on hard court is ridiculous there is no way he's not the clear favorite.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
not saying it's my own opinion, but the fact that serena williams' match was delayed a few minutes because her ear-ring broke doesn't quite help with those out there who refuse to take women's sports seriously.

:lol: :laugh:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

I love you, Muller!

That was a shocker! Roddick didn't play bad though Muller was just on fire. I'm a huge Agassi fan, always have been. I'd love to see him win another major before he's done. Especially the US Open where he is and always will be the fan favorite as long as he keeps playing. Agassi is still a machine at 35 years old but Federer is simply awesome.

Back
Top Bottom