US Open Tennis - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2005, 09:12 AM   #76

Local Time: 03:51 PM
I am a Federer fan because of the way he plays tennis not because he wins. I have never seen anyone who is so wonderful to watch. His display in this years Wimbledon final was in my opinion the most perfect performance ever witnessed.

Old 09-10-2005, 11:24 AM   #77
Refugee

Local Time: 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR
Must be easy to be a Federer fan, when the agony of loss is nearly nonexistant. I'd like to see how many of you Federer 'fans' would still be there should Roger for whatever reason take a turn for the worse and, say, not make it out of the quarters in any slam for a year. All I'm saying is that it's real easy and convenient to be a 'fan' of the guy who is all the rage in the tennis world right now while he's winning titles left and right.
I've been a Federer fan way before he became #1. If he had a bad year, I'd still be a fan. There is something different about the way he plays tennis. It's more graceful and seems more natural. He moves like a cat on the court. It almost like more of an art with him than a sport.

Old 09-10-2005, 02:49 PM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:51 AM
Is anyone watching Agassi and Ginepri? I'm rooting for Ginepri 'cos he's from the Atlanta area and I'm sick of Agassi anyway.

Going into the 5th set he looks really in control, hopefully he can pull it out.

Old 09-10-2005, 03:18 PM   #79
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:51 PM
He did it again Agassi
Old 09-10-2005, 03:19 PM   #80
ONE
love, blood, life

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andre Agassi has officially advanced into the 2005 United States Open Championship Match!!!!!!!!

Now Andre, go to sleep and do not wake up until you have to play tomorrow. You're gonna need the rest.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:24 PM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR

Now Andre, go to sleep and do not wake up until you have to play tomorrow. You're gonna need the rest.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:37 PM   #82
ONE
love, blood, life

It's official: Agassi vs Federer for the 2005 U.S. Open Title tomorrow at 4!
Old 09-10-2005, 08:19 PM   #83
Blue Crack Addict

I'll be pulling for Agassi, but it's gonna be tough for him. Having to go through another five set match probably didn't help.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:26 AM   #84
Refugee

Well NamkCur,

We got the final matchup that we wanted. Now we'll have to see if Agassi will make it as exciting as he did last year when they met at the open.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:11 PM   #85
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:51 PM
It should be a great match. I can't wait!
Old 09-11-2005, 02:22 PM   #86
Refugee

Let's GO AGASSI !!!!!

I hope he wins so bad. It'd be awsome. The shitty part is I'm taking a first aid course and will likely miss the entire match. Damn it!!!
Old 09-11-2005, 02:32 PM   #87
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:51 AM
at least we know, on September 11, the whole stadium WILL BE rooting for an ALL AMERICAN Agassi to beat once and for all that Swiss bitch...

well, I like Federer A LOT more than that NADAL jackass... but I can't even begin to explain my admiration for Andre Agassi... he's like the Shawn Michaels of Tennis... the living legend, the Icon, the Showstopper... the Ayrton Senna of Tennis, the Michael Jordan...

He's Andre Agassi... and you CAN'T deny THAT!!!

Let's go Agassi... because you deserve it
Old 09-11-2005, 03:38 PM   #88
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by pepokiss
at least we know, on September 11, the whole stadium WILL BE rooting for an ALL AMERICAN Agassi to beat once and for all that Swiss bitch...

well, I like Federer A LOT more than that NADAL jackass... but I can't even begin to explain my admiration for Andre Agassi... he's like the Shawn Michaels of Tennis... the living legend, the Icon, the Showstopper... the Ayrton Senna of Tennis, the Michael Jordan...

He's Andre Agassi... and you CAN'T deny THAT!!!

Let's go Agassi... because you deserve it
Swiss bitch????

That is what you call arguably the greatest player ever in tennis?

You obviously arn't a true fan of the game because you fail to recognize that Mr. Federer is special.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:51 PM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:21 PM
I agree with boosterjuice. I don't know about being a true fan of the game but give Roger Federer more respect than that. He is a gentleman of the sport, well liked and respected by his peers and broadcasters alike. He has displayed an incredible skill level with his backhand being his only "weakness". He is humble and has shown only respect for his fellow players.

Andre Agassi is indeed a legend especially considering his age. He is way past his prime yet still exhibits a great game and ability to rise to the occasion. He is an inspiration and testament to other tennis players. He is one only a handful of players to win all 4 majors in a career and finally outgrew his rockstar image in the early years of his career to become the great player he is today.

This should be an excellent match but I think Federer has a huge edge over Agassi. Federer has almost no weaknesses while Agassi is an excellent returner and possesses more experience but less mobility.The fans will of course be cheering for Agassi but I would say they will probably be cheering for great tennis.

Both players look good right now.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:20 PM   #90
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:51 AM
Ok, maybe I got a little over the edge, but...

I just don't like guys that take away the fun in sports.. maybe Federer still hasn't done that yet... but I don't want him to be the michael Schumacher of Tennis, the guy that singled-handedly made true F1 fans go away and watch something else... NOW it's interesting, because he actually SUCKs this season...

and I don't want to see that happening to Tennis... that's part of my problem with NADAL...

even when Sampras weas Nº1 five years in a row it was interesting....

that... and Let's go Andre