US Open Tennis - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2005, 01:10 AM   #61
Refugee

Local Time: 12:01 AM
Federer = AMAZING. What an ass kicking he layed on Nalbandian. Hewit's in trouble no doubt. When the sad day comes and Agassi retires I think Federer will be my favorite. I know it sounds convenient to just jump on the #1 player in the world's bandwagon but he's so fun to watch. Plus he's a class act. I like him, I just hope Agassi rolls him in the final. Assuming they both get there

Old 09-09-2005, 10:44 AM   #62
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Indeed, no further Argentines in the draw... Federer is BIG TIME favorite to win the whole thing. It will be nice to have a Federer - Agassi final, though....

Old 09-09-2005, 11:37 AM   #63
Blue Crack Distributor

how come they can divert the planes out of laguardia for the friggin US open but teh rest of the summer they have to fly so close to shea stadium that i spill my damned beer.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:44 AM   #64
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
how come they can divert the planes out of laguardia for the friggin US open but teh rest of the summer they have to fly so close to shea stadium that i spill my damned beer.
Because those damn planes never shut up when the point is about to start.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:48 AM   #65
Blue Crack Addict

I'll be pulling for Agassi, but after seeing Federer yesterday, I'm not sure he can be stopped.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:46 PM   #66
ONE
love, blood, life

Before we go crazy about how amazing Federer was yesterday, can we also take note that Nalbandian did NOT play very well, yesterday?

Just to jog everyone's memory, in last year's U.S. Open in one of the later rounds(I don't remember which), Federer and Agassi played and because of rain delay, it spanned two days. On the second day, it was INCREDIBLY windy and Federer was playing very well. Nontheless Agassi went the full five sets and was literally points away from defeating him.

I'm far more concerned with Agassi's ability to physically hold up during the U.S. Open's dumbass Saturday-Sunday semifinal-final one-two punch(the other slams' schedule with semifinal on friday and final on sunday is MUCH better) than I am with his ability to merely play good enough to beat Federer. If both Agassi and Federer had a week off beforehand and were both coming in totally refreshed, Agassi has a better chance than most to beat Federer, but in this situation it gets tougher. I just hope Agassi dispenses of Ginepri quickly in three sets - he's already played WAY too many long matches. 4 sets against Berdych, 5 against Malise, and 5 of course against Blake.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:31 PM   #67
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer

Because those damn planes never shut up when the point is about to start.
on behalf of 99% of new yorkers...

eh hem...

cough cough...

WHO CARES

thank you... that is all.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:48 PM   #68
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR
Before we go crazy about how amazing Federer was yesterday, can we also take note that Nalbandian did NOT play very well, yesterday?
Yes, but Federer has been impressive throughout the entire open. He's on a roll.

I agree about Agassi, though. If he can make quick work of Ginepri, I like his chances that much more. But if he has to go through another five set marathon, I don't know how well he'll hold up.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:49 PM   #69
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

on behalf of 99% of new yorkers...

eh hem...

cough cough...

WHO CARES

thank you... that is all.
eh hem

Don't they say the same thing about the Mets down there, too?
Old 09-09-2005, 03:23 PM   #70
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

eh hem

Don't they say the same thing about the Mets down there, too?
touche'
Old 09-09-2005, 07:04 PM   #71
Refugee

Local Time: 10:01 PM
Quote:

Just to jog everyone's memory, in last year's U.S. Open in one of the later rounds(I don't remember which), Federer and Agassi played and because of rain delay, it spanned two days. On the second day, it was INCREDIBLY windy and Federer was playing very well. Nontheless Agassi went the full five sets and was literally points away from defeating him.

I'm far more concerned with Agassi's ability to physically hold up during the U.S. Open's dumbass Saturday-Sunday semifinal-final one-two punch(the other slams' schedule with semifinal on friday and final on sunday is MUCH better) than I am with his ability to merely play good enough to beat Federer. If both Agassi and Federer had a week off beforehand and were both coming in totally refreshed, Agassi has a better chance than most to beat Federer, but in this situation it gets tougher. I just hope Agassi dispenses of Ginepri quickly in three sets - he's already played WAY too many long matches. 4 sets against Berdych, 5 against Malise, and 5 of course against Blake.
Namkcur,

It's obvious that you're pulling for Agassi to win if he faces Federer in the final. I'm a devout Federer fan (have been ever since he beat Samprass in 2001), and I wouldn't mind seeing Agassi pulling out a miracle win.
You keep reminding us about the time that Agassi ALMOST defeated Federer. You are convenientely forgetting the many other whippings that Federer has given Agassi. He has defeated and has had Agassi's number for 8 straight matches since 2002. Most of Federer's wins have been almost effortless against Agassi, having won 4 of those in straight sets. It got close just once and Federer still came out on top. I'm not saying that AGassi doesn't have a chance. I'm just saying his chance is extremely small.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:03 PM   #72

Local Time: 05:01 AM
The women's championship has been fantastic since the quarter finals. Sharapova v petrova, venus v kim and davenport v dementieva were all fantastic matches. Today's Semi-finals were even better.

My heart bleads for Maria, she wasn't a million miles away from beating kim today. Maybe had she avoided the long bathroom break after incredibly taking that 2nd set, she might have been able to keep the momentum she had and possibly take the match. What a match though. The point on Clijsters first match point was incredible. Congrats to Kim, but I'm really disapointed for Maria. However she is young, she has had a very consistent year in the slams, being on the verge of greatness in each one this year, she is completely devoted to her tennis (People, please stop with the comparisons to Anna Kournikova, she was a TERRIBLE Player), and has a great fighting spirit. She will no doubt win many more slams (not sure about the french).

As for the men, what can you say about Federer?He is simply awsome. Its as simple as this: If Federer plays Agassi in th final, and he plays anywhere close to his best, he is simply going to win with ease. A huge drop in his form will be necessary for Agassi to win. I'm not saying that it wont happen, but Federer usually gets better as the rounds progress, not worse. Agassi has been a fantastic servent for tennis, a true legend. Even if he was to get trolleyed by Federer it would be no shame at all!

Go Roger.

Old 09-09-2005, 10:27 PM   #73
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 04072511
As for the men, what can you say about Federer?He is simply awsome. Its as simple as this: If Federer plays Agassi in th final, and he plays anywhere close to his best, he is simply going to win with ease. A huge drop in his form will be necessary for Agassi to win. I'm not saying that it wont happen, but Federer usually gets better as the rounds progress, not worse. Agassi has been a fantastic servent for tennis, a true legend. Even if he was to get trolleyed by Federer it would be no shame at all!

Go Roger.
yes
Old 09-10-2005, 01:58 AM   #74
ONE
love, blood, life

Must be easy to be a Federer fan, when the agony of loss is nearly nonexistant. I'd like to see how many of you Federer 'fans' would still be there should Roger for whatever reason take a turn for the worse and, say, not make it out of the quarters in any slam for a year. All I'm saying is that it's real easy and convenient to be a 'fan' of the guy who is all the rage in the tennis world right now while he's winning titles left and right.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:56 AM   #75
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:01 PM
Quote:
Must be easy to be a Federer fan, when the agony of loss is nearly nonexistant. I'd like to see how many of you Federer 'fans' would still be there should Roger for whatever reason take a turn for the worse and, say, not make it out of the quarters in any slam for a year. All I'm saying is that it's real easy and convenient to be a 'fan' of the guy who is all the rage in the tennis world right now while he's winning titles left and right.
I am a federer fan because he plays amazing tennis, but I am more of a good tennis fan really. I would love to see someone really challenge him. That would make for very thrilling matches.