US Open Tennis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hallucination said:
That was a shocker! Roddick didn't play bad though Muller was just on fire. I'm a huge Agassi fan, always have been. I'd love to see him win another major before he's done. Especially the US Open where he is and always will be the fan favorite as long as he keeps playing. Agassi is still a machine at 35 years old but Federer is simply awesome.

I dont think it's going to happen with Roddick out and safin injured. Federer is going to take this thing.

I don't know why...I just don't like andy murray.

Has anyone seen the Andy Roddick MOJO commercial??? I forget which product/service he's flogging, but in the commercial, he losses his Mojo during the night while sleeping. His Mojo, played by some actor, goes out partying while Andy sleeps. When Andy wakes up, he sucks at tennis because his mojo was out partying and Andy can't figure out why.

What a self-fulfilling prophecy!!!

I can't say I've seen that one, but he's bound to look like an ass in it. I hate Andy Roddick adverts just as much as I hate Sharapova adverts.

"Make every shot a power shot."

Yeah, I'll give you a power shot...in the head. :mad:

GibsonGirl said:
I can't say I've seen that one, but he's bound to look like an ass in it. I hate Andy Roddick adverts just as much as I hate Sharapova adverts.

"Make every shot a power shot."

Yeah, I'll give you a power shot...in the head. :mad:

Oh, I think there are a lot of folks around here who'd like to give Maria Sharapova a power shot. Probably in a different location though.

I'd forgotten about the Open (some distracting stuff happening on the personal front right now.)

But I'm a hopeless romantic. I hope Agassi wins because I've been a fan of his for so long. I remember the tempest in a teapot way back when, when they put him on the cover of 'Tennis' magazine--and used a shot of the back of his head with all that hair. Some readers were not amused. :)

But somehow, I'm not surprised that Roddick got bounced so early.

This is awsome!! Agassi is the oldest player to make it to the Quarters since Conners back in 1991. Agassi says he feels great even though he nearly blew that last match. I really think he has a chance. How great would it be to see him win at the US Open at this stage in his career?!! Federer is still by far the man to beat.

What happened to Venus in that third set? She seriously looked like she was going to collapse on the court.

Congrats to Ginapri!! He got very lucky though. Coria was missing his shots by only a few millimeters. Ginapri capitalized on his mistakes. I think Agassi is going to destroy him in the semis.

boosterjuice said:
Congrats to Ginapri!! He got very lucky though. Coria was missing his shots by only a few millimeters. Ginapri capitalized on his mistakes. I think Agassi is going to destroy him in the semis.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves - Agassi still has to beat Blake.

namkcuR said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves - Agassi still has to beat Blake.

You're right, I was getting way ahead of myself. Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing Blake win.

boosterjuice said:

You're right, I was getting way ahead of myself. Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing Blake win.

I like Blake but I'm an Agassi nut, and this just might be his last best chance at a U.S. Open title. Everyone that was supposed to win, i.e. Roddick, Coria, Nadal, has lost, and right now Blake-Ginepri is a much easier quarterfinal-semifinal one-two punch than it could have been for Agassi, and is all that stands between the legend and a showdown with the #1 in the world, Federer, or in the offchance that the other semifinal doesn't go the way everyone thinks it will, Hewitt. Agassi in all likely will never have such a relatively easy, Roddick-less road to the U.S. Open final again. Go Agassi!

When you think about it. Without Safin and Nadal to worry about, the Federer is going to have an easy US Open win. Nobody is standing in his way that he can't easily beat. Either Blake, Agassi, or Ginapri will easily be defeted if they face federer in the final.

boosterjuice said:
When you think about it. Without Safin and Nadal to worry about, the Federer is going to have an easy US Open win. Nobody is standing in his way that he can't easily beat. Either Blake, Agassi, or Ginapri will easily be defeted if they face federer in the final.

No. Agassi can beat Federer. Trust me. Last year in the U.S. Open, Agassi and Federer played each other in one of the later rounds, and it went five sets over two days(rain delay), and were it not for the incredible wind on the second day that rendered Agassi's serve relatively ineffective, he may well have defeated Federer. Agassi is one of the few people in the tournament who DOES have a realistic shot at beating Federer.

phanan said:
Agassi is down two sets. It's not looking good for him.

I've always like Agassi, but I wouldn't mind seeing Blake continue this magical run he's on.

I think Agassi will come back and win it.

Agassi comes all the way back to win it in the 5th set tiebreak and advance to the semifinals vs Ginepri!!!!!

Congrats to the old guy! What a great match. It's too bad that someone had to lose.

That was some match. I felt bad for Blake - he gave it everything he had.

I hope Agassi has an easier time in the semis - I don't want him to run out of gas too soon, especially if it's Federer waiting for him at the end.

I am pissed. Coria gave away the match to Ginepri... he had it won up a break in the fifth set and he had to give it up with two double faults :mad: It was clear to me that Ginepri did not have what it took to win the match, so Coria served it to him :mad: :mad: :mad:

Coria had bad luck, otherwise. As someone pointed out, he missed several shots by a couple of inches.

I'm happy for Agassi, though. I hope that he is not too tired as he has the mind and the talent to make it to the final without much sweat. Ginepri's run is over.

Now I need to cheer for the miracle... Nalbandian beating Federer.

Unreal!!! It's funny when you're watching sporting events that turn out to be epic because you don't realise it at first obviously but there comes a point in the match/game or whatever where you start to think "I can't go to bed yet, I can't turn this off". You have no reason at that point to feel that way but somthing tells you to keep watching. Last night was like that. When Agassi won the third set the phone ran. It was brother phoneing to make sure I was watching, the fourth set my mom called and by half way threw the fifth I had to wake up my roomate because as a sports fan it's somthing he'd want to see. When Agassi won the phone ran three different times. Agassi is the man. Not to get too far ahead but I can smell an Agassi vs Federer final. Hats off to Blake but his time will come.

Back
Top Bottom