Uranium City, Saskatchewan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funnily enough...the only other Porcupine Tree song beside Blackest Eyes that I've heard and really enjoy is a song called Lazarus...

I say it's funny because there is a poster on Interference named Lazarus and I think he's a goddam hilarious poster and one of my favorite things about this board. So...both the song and the Interference member Lazarus are awesome...:shifty:

This is what it told me after I took that slightly intrusive purity quiz....:wink:

You haven't seen our oversharing incidents! :laugh: Anything goes in this place.

Front row???

That had to have been insane! One of my good friends is really into Porcupine Tree....he was telling me about how originally it was Steven Wilson's side-project and he wanted to create a fictional/mythical band called Porcupine Tree and it ended up becoming the full-fledged band that it is now.

Pretty cool if you ask me.

You better believe it was fucking awesome. The Brisbane concert is the best gig I've ever seen in my life. I was just off centre in front of Steven Wilson and that show went off.

And yeah, I love the story of how Porcupine Tree started as a fake project, then SW made music to lend legitimacy to his story and it all snowballed from there! :lol:

His original intention, I believe, was for No-Man to be his main project. And only now are they playing live for the first time since 1993!

Lazarus is a fucking cool song.

Piano Lessons, however, is my pick of the bunch. :drool:

And Fadeaway is criminally overlooked.

Haven't heard Piano Lessons or Fadeaway so maybe I better do some downloading...

By the way, Axver, I've never really run into you on the boards at all...where do you usually hang out? EYKIW? I usually hang out in Bang and Clatter and Zoo Station and I don't think I've ever seen you there.

I don't know if you remember this but a while back, in one of the "rest of U2 survivors" you gave me some harsh words for being a male Girls Aloud fan...:wink:

But then you said I could have a pass if I answered 3 U2 set-list trivia questions and I believe I answered them correctly. One of the questions was about Slow Dancing and how it was debuted live well before any studio recording of it surfaced.

Anyway, yeah, nice to meet you and I'm gonna download more Porcupine Tree when I get the chance. I might borrow an album from my friend who owns their stuff. In Absentia will be my first pick because of Blackest Eyes.

Haven't heard Piano Lessons or Fadeaway so maybe I better do some downloading...

Fadeaway is the closer of Up The Downstair, one of the band's weaker albums. Piano Lessons is on Stupid Dream, which is my third-favourite album of all time behind The Unforgettable Fire and Anathema's Judgement.

By the way, Axver, I've never really run into you on the boards at all...where do you usually hang out? EYKIW? I usually hang out in Bang and Clatter and Zoo Station and I don't think I've ever seen you there.

EYKIW and WTHANN, though most of the topics there no longer interest me. Good god we need a new album or a Kunstmuseum II. I'll certainly be very active in the Tour forums when it is reopened, what with being the setlist nut and all. I actually also check B&C daily and ran the first few Desert Islands, but none of the threads currently interest me. Too many threads about shit bands and I don't need to further underline my reputation as somebody who doesn't like anything! :lol:

I lurk and infrequently post in FYM, but it's gone to the dogs lately. On the rare occasion an Aussie or Kiwi politics thread pops up, you'll find me as one of the main posters.

I don't know if you remember this but a while back, in one of the "rest of U2 survivors" you gave me some harsh words for being a male Girls Aloud fan...:wink:

But then you said I could have a pass if I answered 3 U2 set-list trivia questions and I believe I answered them correctly. One of the questions was about Slow Dancing and how it was debuted live well before any studio recording of it surfaced.

:laugh: I remember that! Good fun. I never expected you to get the Slow Dancing question.

Right, it's past 3am. It's been nice to break my hiatus for an evening. You folk may or may not see me tomorrow, but I'm sure from Friday onwards I'll be back to my usual habits in the Superthreads. :wave:

No, he meant what he said, but it wasn't true!

I was distracted with straightening up my desk, when I heard him start laughing quietly. I got suspicious and looked just in time to see him send the message.

Oh :lol: Was he wondering why I was flirting with you? :shifty: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom