Uranium City, Saskatchewan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, or I could just get you to recommend good beers at the pub.

I'd nominate my place, but it's small and messy and small and messy and small and messy, and in case I didn't mention it, small and messy.

Guess so, though it can add up there. Also depends if they have 'good' beers. :up: I was going to grab a couple at a good bottle-o (if I can find one, I think U-Wen might know, he drinks Belgian beers doesn't he, or am I thinking of someone else? Anyway!) for you to taste test.

Size is probably an issue for the amount of people, but really, I basically went to a small party in the smallest and messiest shed in the world recently, so I'm not too fussed, and I won't be shocked or disgusted by the state of your place. :lol:

Pac! :drool:

Damn, we should have it at someone's place so we can have a sweet playlist going! I mean at pubs I find myself putting on basically the same few songs on the jukebox, and they're all by Toto.

hey jen :sexywink:

i forgot to mention, when dad picked me up two weeks ago, and he goes "do you want to drive home?" and i said, nah, probably not a good idea. and then yeah it sort of escalated from there haha.

wild turkey? they got the wild bit right. still recovering.

jokes.

:lol::lol::lol:

I can just picture your skinny white ass kickin' it with your peeps

:lol:

i sing gangsta music all the way home on the train with my wog school friends :D

Yes I've been hearing about this "rude awakening" some people get at uni. :lol:

Hmm... I would certainly love to, when you all planning to go?

Rude awakening? Trust me, if you do an Arts degree, you spend 90% of your time not being bothered to do any work. Arts students have their reputation for a reason - and trust me, we're the smartest ones on campus, unlike those silly science students who aren't clever enough to figure out how to get out of work and bludge their way to a degree!

We're trying to work out a date at the moment. Would any day work best with you? The 25th, Wednesday, has been one suggestion ...

Pac! :drool:

Damn, we should have it at someone's place so we can have a sweet playlist going! I mean at pubs I find myself putting on basically the same few songs on the jukebox, and they're all by Toto.

Oh god, at the Wangaratta pub on Saturday, as soon as somebody discovered that the jukebox actually worked, we got subjected to Khe Sanh.

I have shitloads of music at my place. Whether anyone else will like it is another thing entirely!

Oh god, at the Wangaratta pub on Saturday, as soon as somebody discovered that the jukebox actually worked, we got subjected to Khe Sanh.

I have shitloads of music at my place. Whether anyone else will like it is another thing entirely!

If you have shoegaze, U2 and Split Enz then I think everything'll work out dandy.

With all the wannabe thugs in Wezza. :laugh:

waaaaay too scared to hang out with them. though the sudanese that own one of the more affluent (or is effluent?) streets of wyndhamvale are all quite nice.ish.

Rude awakening? Trust me, if you do an Arts degree, you spend 90% of your time not being bothered to do any work. Arts students have their reputation for a reason - and trust me, we're the smartest ones on campus, unlike those silly science students who aren't clever enough to figure out how to get out of work and bludge their way to a degree!

We're trying to work out a date at the moment. Would any day work best with you? The 25th, Wednesday, has been one suggestion ...

Well it won't make a big difference for me, I'll ask the rents and see what they say.

Man I wish I was 18 now though.

Guess so, though it can add up there. Also depends if they have 'good' beers. :up: I was going to grab a couple at a good bottle-o (if I can find one, I think U-Wen might know, he drinks Belgian beers doesn't he, or am I thinking of someone else? Anyway!) for you to taste test.

Size is probably an issue for the amount of people, but really, I basically went to a small party in the smallest and messiest shed in the world recently, so I'm not too fussed, and I won't be shocked or disgusted by the state of your place. :lol:

Ah, right. Then avoiding the pub and going to someone's place sounds like it'd be a better plan instead. I'm actually planning on asking my father if he knows any good bottle shops, specifically for wine but presumably some of his suggestions would also sell beer. My father's the kind of guy who, upon arrival in a new city, first goes to find the good bottle shops and stocks up on good wine!

My place, assuming I can be arsed to move stuff off the couches, can hold up to six people (assuming everybody actually wants to sit down). Probably no more than four comfortably. I do live near a tram line, so there's that perk. Alternatively, maybe the rest of us could just crash your hotel room. :lol:

hey jen :sexywink:

i forgot to mention, when dad picked me up two weeks ago, and he goes "do you want to drive home?" and i said, nah, probably not a good idea. and then yeah it sort of escalated from there haha.

wild turkey? they got the wild bit right. still recovering.

jokes.

dude you have to learn the art of answering questions evasively ...

:evil:

If you have shoegaze, U2 and Split Enz then I think everything'll work out dandy.

:laugh: My house has been full of the sounds of Swervedriver lately. I'm very hooked on Mezcal Head. Last Train To Satansville and Duress have both suddenly clicked this last week.

And, of course, I will be morally obliged to put on some Porcupine Tree goodness. :wink:

Ah, right. Then avoiding the pub and going to someone's place sounds like it'd be a better plan instead. I'm actually planning on asking my father if he knows any good bottle shops, specifically for wine but presumably some of his suggestions would also sell beer. My father's the kind of guy who, upon arrival in a new city, first goes to find the good bottle shops and stocks up on good wine!

My place, assuming I can be arsed to move stuff off the couches, can hold up to six people (assuming everybody actually wants to sit down). Probably no more than four comfortably. I do live near a tram line, so there's that perk. Alternatively, maybe the rest of us could just crash your hotel room. :lol:

Oh yes, please ask him if you get the chance! I heard there was a Belgian Beer Cafe in Melbourne, but I don't know where - that's the only place I have any idea there to get boutique brews.

Six is an improvement over where I went last time. :lol: And the hotel room... yeah, I would suggest it, but remember my brother'll be there too, and he already has to put up with me bringing friends back home here, which makes me feel bad, so I don't really want to do that when we're on holiday!

Jen, I say this as politely as possible: fuck no!

Left my heart to the sapper's round khe sahn
sold my soul and the cigarettes to the black market man
and the vietnam cold turkey
from the ocean to the silver city
and that's only other vets could understand...

Ahh it doesn't come much better than that... a room full of pissheads at cricket presentation night, in a circle, belting out khe sahn...

Left my heart to the sapper's round khe sahn
sold my soul and the cigarettes to the black market man
and the vietnam cold turkey
from the ocean to the silver city
and that's only other vets could understand...

Ahh it doesn't come much better than that... a room full of pissheads at cricket presentation night, in a circle, belting out khe sahn...

except a bunch of pissheads at a pub with a bad coverband who misses 2 verses and no one cares!

:laugh: My house has been full of the sounds of Swervedriver lately. I'm very hooked on Mezcal Head. Last Train To Satansville and Duress have both suddenly clicked this last week.

And, of course, I will be morally obliged to put on some Porcupine Tree goodness. :wink:

LTTS and Duress are my two favourite songs from Mezcal Head... oh my non-existent God, they're fantastic. I'm trying to devote my time to Moose's XYZ lately, I have listened to bits of it and it's magnificent. One of the billion albums I need to have on heavy rotation right now.

I would really like to hear some PT, yeah. Oh, and we need the early TTYW, of course. :wink:

If I had a dollar for every time Dad has said that to me over the years, and then done his whole "woah grasshopper" thing, I'd be a fuckin trillionaire.

then you have learnt nothing.

you should have asked him for the dollars many years ago .

wheres a fukkin yoda smilie when you want one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom