Uranium City, Saskatchewan Superthread - Page 53 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2008, 12:24 PM   #781
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:33 PM
Funnily enough...the only other Porcupine Tree song beside Blackest Eyes that I've heard and really enjoy is a song called Lazarus...

I say it's funny because there is a poster on Interference named Lazarus and I think he's a goddam hilarious poster and one of my favorite things about this board. So...both the song and the Interference member Lazarus are awesome...

Old 06-17-2008, 12:25 PM   #782
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
This is what it told me after I took that slightly intrusive purity quiz....
You haven't seen our oversharing incidents! Anything goes in this place.

Quote:
Front row???

That had to have been insane! One of my good friends is really into Porcupine Tree....he was telling me about how originally it was Steven Wilson's side-project and he wanted to create a fictional/mythical band called Porcupine Tree and it ended up becoming the full-fledged band that it is now.

Pretty cool if you ask me.
You better believe it was fucking awesome. The Brisbane concert is the best gig I've ever seen in my life. I was just off centre in front of Steven Wilson and that show went off.

And yeah, I love the story of how Porcupine Tree started as a fake project, then SW made music to lend legitimacy to his story and it all snowballed from there!

His original intention, I believe, was for No-Man to be his main project. And only now are they playing live for the first time since 1993!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-17-2008, 12:32 PM   #783
Vocal parasite

Lazarus is a fucking cool song.

Piano Lessons, however, is my pick of the bunch.

And Fadeaway is criminally overlooked.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-17-2008, 12:45 PM   #784
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:33 PM
Haven't heard Piano Lessons or Fadeaway so maybe I better do some downloading...

By the way, Axver, I've never really run into you on the boards at all...where do you usually hang out? EYKIW? I usually hang out in Bang and Clatter and Zoo Station and I don't think I've ever seen you there.

I don't know if you remember this but a while back, in one of the "rest of U2 survivors" you gave me some harsh words for being a male Girls Aloud fan...

But then you said I could have a pass if I answered 3 U2 set-list trivia questions and I believe I answered them correctly. One of the questions was about Slow Dancing and how it was debuted live well before any studio recording of it surfaced.

Anyway, yeah, nice to meet you and I'm gonna download more Porcupine Tree when I get the chance. I might borrow an album from my friend who owns their stuff. In Absentia will be my first pick because of Blackest Eyes.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:57 PM   #785
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Haven't heard Piano Lessons or Fadeaway so maybe I better do some downloading...
Fadeaway is the closer of Up The Downstair, one of the band's weaker albums. Piano Lessons is on Stupid Dream, which is my third-favourite album of all time behind The Unforgettable Fire and Anathema's Judgement.

Quote:
By the way, Axver, I've never really run into you on the boards at all...where do you usually hang out? EYKIW? I usually hang out in Bang and Clatter and Zoo Station and I don't think I've ever seen you there.
EYKIW and WTHANN, though most of the topics there no longer interest me. Good god we need a new album or a Kunstmuseum II. I'll certainly be very active in the Tour forums when it is reopened, what with being the setlist nut and all. I actually also check B&C daily and ran the first few Desert Islands, but none of the threads currently interest me. Too many threads about shit bands and I don't need to further underline my reputation as somebody who doesn't like anything!

I lurk and infrequently post in FYM, but it's gone to the dogs lately. On the rare occasion an Aussie or Kiwi politics thread pops up, you'll find me as one of the main posters.

Quote:
I don't know if you remember this but a while back, in one of the "rest of U2 survivors" you gave me some harsh words for being a male Girls Aloud fan...

But then you said I could have a pass if I answered 3 U2 set-list trivia questions and I believe I answered them correctly. One of the questions was about Slow Dancing and how it was debuted live well before any studio recording of it surfaced.
I remember that! Good fun. I never expected you to get the Slow Dancing question.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-17-2008, 01:08 PM   #786
Vocal parasite

Right, it's past 3am. It's been nice to break my hiatus for an evening. You folk may or may not see me tomorrow, but I'm sure from Friday onwards I'll be back to my usual habits in the Superthreads.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-17-2008, 01:08 PM   #787
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 10:33 PM
I have to make a confession. I think The Dark Third by PRR is better than any Porcupine Tree album.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:55 PM   #788
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
I have to make a confession. I think The Dark Third by PRR is better than any Porcupine Tree album.
I don't think that's much of a reach, really. The Dark Third is incredible. I don't think it's better than any PT album, but it is certainly on the same level with some of them.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:05 PM   #789
Blue Crack Distributor

My profile has officially had 69 visit.

Just sayin'.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:12 PM   #790
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:33 AM
I haven't given The Dark Third as many listens as I'd like to.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:24 PM   #791
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
April's the Interferencer you'll meet in U2 Heaven for today. Please add your thoughts.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:29 PM   #792
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryMullen's POPAngel View Post
My profile has officially had 69 visit.

Just sayin'.
And still you get to go to heaven???
Old 06-17-2008, 02:34 PM   #793
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:33 PM
Old 06-17-2008, 02:41 PM   #794