Upperthong, West Yorkshire Superthread - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2008, 08:02 AM   #106
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:38 AM
work , oh noes, how ordinary .

Old 05-16-2008, 08:13 AM   #107
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:08 AM
How's your uni shit going? Are you nearing the end of semester too?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-16-2008, 08:58 AM   #108
Blue Crack Addict

Hey cats.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:00 AM   #109
Vocal parasite

G'day, Bonnie.

How's things?

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-16-2008, 09:01 AM   #110
Blue Crack Addict

Pretty good thanks, Ax. Gonna watch Control tonight. Just been watching old cartoons with my brother. Also played a bit of Okami for the PS2.

Yes, it is raining outside.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:14 AM   #111
Vocal parasite

Sounds like your evening has been more interesting than mine. I've been procrastinating on essays by reading railway shit, mainly to do with photography. I'd like to get better at it but it seems daunting ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-16-2008, 09:35 AM   #112
Blue Crack Addict

Ah, I'm very familiar with doing that sort of thing - not identical to you, of course - but holding off on essays to read about ancient history. So it's like, I'm learning and writing stuff, just not the stuff I'm meant to be doing.

Is photography something you're genuinely interested in, possibly as a career thing? You seem to like taking pictures of stuff other than trains and such, so I figure it may be.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:49 AM   #113
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
Ah, I'm very familiar with doing that sort of thing - not identical to you, of course - but holding off on essays to read about ancient history. So it's like, I'm learning and writing stuff, just not the stuff I'm meant to be doing.
I've learnt so much while writing essays. The vast bulk of it has fuck-all to do with what the essay's on! When I'm in the library at uni looking for sources, I find myself very quickly distracted by all the other interesting books ...

Quote:
Is photography something you're genuinely interested in, possibly as a career thing? You seem to like taking pictures of stuff other than trains and such, so I figure it may be.
I don't know how I would make a career out of it, but if it could at least bring in some money, that would be bloody welcome, and make a change from my usual trend of "hey here's another hobby to waste hours and money for no reward beyond personal satisfaction". I've been carrying my camera on me absolutely everywhere for the last couple of months - it has even displaced my iPod in the stakes of "if I can only carry one thing, what will it be?"

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-16-2008, 10:10 AM   #114
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

I've learnt so much while writing essays. The vast bulk of it has fuck-all to do with what the essay's on! When I'm in the library at uni looking for sources, I find myself very quickly distracted by all the other interesting books ...
Heh, I'm exactly the same. I go into a library to pick up one book on something I'm vaguely interested in, but then spend the next 45 minutes reading other stuff. That's how it is, I guess.

Quote:

I don't know how I would make a career out of it, but if it could at least bring in some money, that would be bloody welcome, and make a change from my usual trend of "hey here's another hobby to waste hours and money for no reward beyond personal satisfaction". I've been carrying my camera on me absolutely everywhere for the last couple of months - it has even displaced my iPod in the stakes of "if I can only carry one thing, what will it be?"
Yeah, if you've got something like that, it's very handy to get money from. There's a particularly great feeling that comes with selling a piece of art. It's like, sucks to see it go, but hey it's good to know someone liked it enough to buy it. Plus the money.

On the last bit, that's a really good sign. I hope you keep on improving cause you seem to really dig it.

Anyway, off to watch Control. Think it's about two hours long. If I come back and you're still here, I apologise if I'm difficult to understand, because I plan on drinking absinthe. See you later.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:15 AM   #115
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
Heh, I'm exactly the same. I go into a library to pick up one book on something I'm vaguely interested in, but then spend the next 45 minutes reading other stuff. That's how it is, I guess.
I think the "problem" is that libraries simply have too much awesome stuff. How am I meant to focus on A when there's B, C, D, E ... and Zed all competing for my attention?

Quote:
Yeah, if you've got something like that, it's very handy to get money from. There's a particularly great feeling that comes with selling a piece of art. It's like, sucks to see it go, but hey it's good to know someone liked it enough to buy it. Plus the money.

On the last bit, that's a really good sign. I hope you keep on improving cause you seem to really dig it.

Anyway, off to watch Control. Think it's about two hours long. If I come back and you're still here, I apologise if I'm difficult to understand, because I plan on drinking absinthe. See you later.
I've no idea how I'd exactly go about making any money with photography, but at least it has the potential there, unlike U2 setlists!

Enjoy. I'll probably still be around working on essay shit. Let's see how coherent you are.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-16-2008, 10:49 AM   #116
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 05:08 PM
Quote:

If you enjoy it and you are obviously good at it, then you should find a way to make it part of your career.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:52 AM   #117
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2
Hands up if this thread is going to be awesome

http://forum.interference.com/t186719.html
"Turn your sarcasm detector on."
Old 05-16-2008, 10:58 AM   #118
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2

If you enjoy it and you are obviously good at it, then you should find a way to make it part of your career.
Shall I invent a time travel machine so I can go back in time and do my own 19th century Kiwi history photographs to go in my books?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-16-2008, 11:05 AM   #119
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Shall I invent a time travel machine so I can go back in time and do my own 19th century Kiwi history photographs to go in my books?
You could take pictures of historical places as they are today and interest people in visiting those places. You could even make big coffee tables books of photographs that show Kiwi history is still alive and should be investigated. You could do a lot with photographs and history.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:13 AM   #120
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2

You could take pictures of historical places as they are today and interest people in visiting those places. You could even make big coffee tables books of photographs that show Kiwi history is still alive and should be investigated. You could do a lot with photographs and history.
Oh, yeah, I can already think of places I would love to photograph. Check out, for instance, Denniston, now a ghost town but formerly one of the most significant coal mining towns in the rugged West Coast region.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread