Upperthong, West Yorkshire Superthread - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2008, 02:45 AM   #421
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2
I would suppose i'm more in favour of abortions than not, simply because of the horrific abuse inflicted on children here that have been had by people who are in no way fit to be parents, although that links more towards the point Ax made of removing the need for abortions in the first place. Simply because, to take another perspective, is it better to kill the child (i can't believe i'm writing this) before it has to live through years of abuse before being beaten to death?

But this is opening up quite the can of worms. Stop it before it becomes an issue, simply.
I honestly have no opinion on abortion. I mean it will never be my choice so do I have a right to tell a woman what to do either way?

Old 05-17-2008, 02:46 AM   #422
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:31 AM
Thanks for that, Ian. Glad I'm still a fair bit behind.

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2

What's wrong about being one of the top ten posters?
I'm cool with top ten. I've been in the top ten ever since I hit about 20,000. But I do not want to be #1.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-17-2008, 02:47 AM   #423
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:31 AM
Don't you love it when you're browsing another forum and come across something like this

Old 05-17-2008, 02:48 AM   #424
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I honestly have no opinion on abortion. I mean it will never be my choice so do I have a right to tell a woman what to do either way?
Exactly. I can see both sides and it's unlikely to ever be an issue for me.....so why get knotted up about it?
Old 05-17-2008, 02:48 AM   #425
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Thanks for that, Ian. Glad I'm still a fair bit behind.

I'm cool with top ten. I've been in the top ten ever since I hit about 20,000. But I do not want to be #1.
Do you get a little hat that says "No Life" once you hit number one?
Old 05-17-2008, 02:48 AM   #426
The Male

Local Time: 05:31 AM
Quote:

And the hatred of poor people and the sexism and racism ...

But seriously, you seem keen on Mr Obama. Obama vs McCain, where do you fall?
As a Republican, I have sworn to help eliminate the middle class by 2048.

With Obama and McCain, the choice is rather easy. McCain is a closet liberal who has claimed that he has little knowledge of economics. It's not really the liberal part that bothers me, it's the constant pandering to either side. Sad. Obama is far more liberal than I can stand, but he's much more pure than McCain and I honestly believe we would see greater change with him in the White House. As for other candidates...we've been discussing Ron Paul, right? I think the man is a nut, but there are a few things we agree on. Not enough for me to vote for him though. Libertarians in general...ehh...

I've always liked Mike Huckabee. He hasn't pulled any pandering bullshit, and we have similar values. He's supposedly going to be McCain's VP...interesting choice.

Quote:
I see a lot of legitimacy in the argument that "the baby is within the woman's body with the permission of the woman, and this permission can be revoked at any time". However, I can also see a counter-argument that if somebody's survival were dependent on you and you wilfully abandoned them, you would be charged with wilful neglect or manslaughter. So ... I just feel more of that "I don't know what to think!" sensation.

I think I would define life as starting at sentience. I have no real problem with the morning-after pill. At that point, there is no guarantee that what's there is even going to become a viable life. But yeah ... it's such a hard, difficult subject and a total mess all too often. As I've said, I think the best policy by far is to stop the need for abortions in the first place. If nobody wants an abortion, we don't need to have this debate at all.
And again, we agree. Though the "start of life" thing has never been a deal-breaker for me. There are more pressing issues involved than that IMO.

Now.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:49 AM   #427
Blue Crack Supplier

Apart from Ax i've never seen anyone reference the Top Ten posters list.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:51 AM   #428
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I would suppose i'm more in favour of abortions than not, simply because of the horrific abuse inflicted on children here that have been had by people who are in no way fit to be parents, although that links more towards the point Ax made of removing the need for abortions in the first place. Simply because, to take another perspective, is it better to kill the child (i can't believe i'm writing this) before it has to live through years of abuse before being beaten to death?

But this is opening up quite the can of worms. Stop it before it becomes an issue, simply.
Yeah, I can see that. We don't need more children going into loveless lives of abuse. But then I also have a very severe problem with idiots who use abortion as a back-up contraceptive of a sort. Spoilt little idiots using abortion as a "get out of jail free" card to compensate for their own stupidity and inability to practice safe sex irritate me.

This issue really does tear me in two.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-17-2008, 02:52 AM   #429
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Don't you love it when you're browsing another forum and come across something like this

Hello, Swanston Street. My beloved Z3s ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-17-2008, 02:53 AM   #430
Blue Crack Addict

For as much optimism I have, I'm really jaded about the election. I don't like any of the canidates. No one is who the country needs right now. At least with Hilary you know her allies like Gore and Bill will benefit the country.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:55 AM   #431
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I've never entirely bought this. The father plays a role in creating the pregnancy, so he has a vested interest too.

But I personally extremely doubt I would ever end up in a situation where a partner has an unwanted pregnancy, so ... yeah.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-17-2008, 02:57 AM   #432
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Do you get a little hat that says "No Life" once you hit number one?
You'd think I'd have that hat already.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-17-2008, 02:58 AM   #433
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I've never entirely bought this. The father plays a role in creating the pregnancy, so he has a vested interest too.

But I personally extremely doubt I would ever end up in a situation where a partner has an unwanted pregnancy, so ... yeah.
I'm not saying men don't have an interest. I just personally think that when I do decide to have sex it will be with someone I care about so we'd keep any baby.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:58 AM   #434
Blue Crack Supplier

I'll be back later, have to run down to the shops and have dinner as well.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:59 AM   #435
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

You'd think I'd have that hat already.
I have no idea how WildHoney is number one. She must really love the hat.

Tags
superthread