Upperthong, West Yorkshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisaura said:

Must be underground cos I've got no idea what you're talking about... :lol:

Dad has what might be considered a Roman nose, if you were being kind... but beyond that he's just an anglo Aussie... his ancestors came out here in the mid-1800s from England.

Oh, it was just another one of my "your Dad is as old as the hills" (or at least the Roman Empire) jokes, insinuating that your mother is English and your father was born in about 50 AD.

Angela Harlem said:
Thank you, Al!!
Will you be living in London? God, what I'd give to go back for even a short holiday. What is it with us and poms flocking to each other's countries en masse? :D
Possibly... I wouldn't want to live in London on my own (even assuming I could afford it)... but there might be someone who I can share a flat with or something who's also thinking of going over there. Failing that, I have friends and family in various spots around England, who have offered to put me up if I need it. :up:

I dunno... I guess it's the comfort of a place that's generally similar to home, they mostly speak the same language... but it's different and SO CLOSE to Europe and all those cool places...
And on our side of the world, well... like you said, we have sun. :wink:

Oh, look, 48,004 posts.

Axver said:

This is proof you must have an IQ lower than your shoe size to get on Big Bother.

So this was my 48,000th post. I'm happy with that. At least it wasn't when cin was owning me. :wink:

COBL_04 said:
yet over a million people apparently, watch it each week.

Proof over a million people in this country have an IQ below 30.

Axver said:
Oh, it was just another one of my "your Dad is as old as the hills" (or at least the Roman Empire) jokes, insinuating that your mother is English and your father was born in about 50 AD.
Oh right. Step up from the co-habiting with dinosaurs thing, I suppose. :wink:

You must want to interview him pretty badly, from a historical perspective then ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom