Upperthong, West Yorkshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
COBL_04 said:

all whites :lol:
black cocks :lmao:

they breed em funny over in NZ.

I was playing Buzz yestey and got the capital of NZ wrong, i think I said Auckland.

I believe the badminton team has stopped officially calling itself the Black Cocks because the international badminton organisation people weren't all too happy about it. But I think it's a hilarious name.

And as somebody from the capital, allow me to kick you in the shins!

So you don't forget next time:

WELLING-FUCKING-TON!

thought it looked like that.

Axver said:
I must be the only person on earth who didn't give a shit about high school formals. Didn't go to mine. Stayed at home and listened to U2 bootlegs instead.

By the sounds of it, I made the right choice.

i deleted a bootleg today, unforgettable fire tour, one of the melbourne shows, it sounded soooo bad.

:heart: the WILATW snippet in Kansas 01 but :sad: they never did it again it sounds fantastic.

COBL_04 said:
are you a hawks fan????

Cos I like the Hawks.
More or less. I chose them arbitrarily as a nine-year-old, but I'm not exactly a passionate supporter. Nice to see them winning, though! :up:

I just wish Jeff Kennett barracked for someone else. :grumpy:

Last edited:
COBL_04 said:

all whites :lol:
black cocks :lmao:

they breed em funny over in NZ.

I was playing Buzz yestey and got the capital of NZ wrong, i think I said Auckland.

i thought it was auckland ?

queenstown ???

who gives a fuck ?

actually isnt it sydney ?

mysterious_jen said:
22% pure what was my last score?

I think that's the same as what you got last time. Or maybe you were 23% ...

Axver said:

I believe the badminton team has stopped officially calling itself the Black Cocks because the international badminton organisation people weren't all too happy about it. But I think it's a hilarious name.

And as somebody from the capital, allow me to kick you in the shins!

So you don't forget next time:

WELLING-FUCKING-TON!

its so confusing, auckland, christchurch, wellington, and theres one other town im forgetting... possibly hamilton or something.

OK Australians, let's see how well you know YOUR OWN history.

What was the capital of Australia before Canberra?

COBL_04 said:

its so confusing, auckland, christchurch, wellington, and theres one other town im forgetting... possibly hamilton or something.

The four traditional major centres are Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, and Dunedin. Hamilton has since passed Dunedin in population.

Auckland is far and away the largest city in terms of population. Wellington is far and away the best city in terms of everything.

fuck. dont know that.

melbourne?

Alisaura said:

More or less. I chose them arbitrarily as a nine-year-old, but I'm not exactly a passional supporter. Nice to see them winning, though! :up:

I just wish Jeff Kennett barracked for someone else. :grumpy:

:lol: I actually don't mind Kennett... but I spose I wasn't old enough to hate him when he was premier so i dont harbour any ill feelings towards him.

Axver said:

The four traditional major centres are Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, and Dunedin. Hamilton has since passed Dunedin in population.

Auckland is far and away the largest city in terms of population. Wellington is far and away the best city in terms of everything.

I'll visit one day. Was planning on going to see one tree hill till they cut it down??

Why do people wreck musical history?

COBL_04 said:
fuck. dont know that.

melbourne?

Correct.

By the way, if you could have warped time somehow so that your game was held during the period 1841-1863, you would have been right as Auckland was the capital then. Russell 1840-41, Auckland 1841-63, and Wellington ever since.

Russell's some tiny little town up at the very top of the North Island. Probably about three people and a cat live there. It was just where the British happened to establish their first base.

Axver said:

Correct.

By the way, if you could have warped time somehow so that your game was held during the period 1841-1863, you would have been right as Auckland was the capital then. Russell 1840-41, Auckland 1841-63, and Wellington ever since.

Russell's some tiny little town up at the very top of the North Island. Probably about three people and a cat live there. It was just where the British happened to establish their first base.

you learn something new every day!

mysterious_jen said:

JEFF IS GOD.

So, since God does not exist, Kennett does not exist and the Kennett years were just a bad dream?

AWESOME.

COBL_04 said:

I'll visit one day. Was planning on going to see one tree hill till they cut it down??

Why do people wreck musical history?

Yeah, it's now None Tree Hill, though the big plinth and stuff is still there.

Some turkey thought chopping it down would make a point about Maori land rights or something. He did a shitty job and the council managed to keep the tree alive for a few years before having to destroy it as it became beyond saving. Now nobody seems to be able to agree on what kind of tree to plant to replace it ...

Alisaura said:

Not if I don't give a crap. :happy:

Bloody hell, slow down, you lot!!

OK, I'll just bury you under the weight of the Superthread's rate of posting.

Axver said:

Yeah, it's now None Tree Hill, though the big plinth and stuff is still there.

Some turkey thought chopping it down would make a point about Maori land rights or something. He did a shitty job and the council managed to keep the tree alive for a few years before having to destroy it as it became beyond saving. Now nobody seems to be able to agree on what kind of tree to plant to replace it ...

Were many people disappointed??

Ans obviously in 87 NZ got the message the song was about their One Tree Hill? cos it went #1 yeah?

COBL_04 said:

there is, however, one (well two) requirements.

chiefly, be an aussie, kiwi, or an honorary aussie/kiwi

and you need to take the purity test.

AXVER!! retireve the purity test, if youd be so kind.

Well, I'm definitely a Skip, complete with a pommie parent - hence my love of knocking all things British (while secretly wishing I was back there living permanently or something... except for the total lack of sun)... Did I mention my tendancy to get sidetracked really easily?
Yeah, as Jen has pointed out I adore me a good Brit comedy. I even posted Bernard (aka Black Books) in the Crush thread. No one noticed. :sad: And the IT Crowd is on my favourites list. And of course The Young Ones.

What was the question again? :lol:

And this test.... youse won't see my answers will you? I'm ashamed just reading through them.
:lol:

Axver said:
I must be the only person on earth who didn't give a shit about high school formals. Didn't go to mine. Stayed at home and listened to U2 bootlegs instead.

By the sounds of it, I made the right choice.
I went to a John Farnham concert instead of ours. And it was my 18th birthday, too.

I don't regret it! :D

mysterious_jen said:

despise all labour .

KILL CRUSH DESTROY . :mad:

Yeah, fuck education, healthcare, infrastructure, full employment, and taking care of the less fortunate and socially marginalised. Let's get Howard, Kennett, and his cronies back in power so that a few wealthy elite can get richer and delude the increasingly poorer underclass that their position isn't as bad as it really is. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom