Unreal.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's too inconvenient to click on links to find out what the hell you guys are talking about, so I guess I'll never know.

Call me lazy, but I like to know what I'm clicking on before I click on it.

(Don't mind me - I'm more bored than cranky. :wink: )

Last edited:
First one is SRV doing 3rd Stone from the Sun by Hendrix. I didn't watch it, so I can't give you a review.

The second one is Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne singing While my Guitar Gently Weeps. Prince comes out around 3:30 and it gets good. Also, the comments are funny. The first 3:30 you can skip.

The third one is Dragonforce, and I don't know anything about them and I didn't watch the video, so if I ruined a joke, I apologize. If the video actually kicks ass, awesome.

ETA - ok, dragonforce is not a joke per se, they are kicking some ass I'm sure, but they remind of Headbangers Ball from the late 80s early 90s, I guess.

Last edited:
Thanks, gentlemen. I'm downloading a torrent, so any YouTube link I click on is going to be two seconds of choppy sound, a long-ass pause, another one second of choppy sound ... them's the breaks.

SRV. :up:

I have seen the Prince thing - it's some good times.

I have no idea what or who Dragonforce is.

corianderstem said:
It's too inconvenient to click on links to find out what the hell you guys are talking about, so I guess I'll never know.

If you were that bored, you'd have opened the links.

See my comment above about how downloading torrents affects my YouTube viewing.

Plus, I don't like the trend (and not just here) of responding to things with nothing but a link to something. Has that somehow replaced the need for words? Even just a brief comment about what you're posting or why you're posting it.

Not a jab to this thread - I've noticed it lots of places on line. If I open a thread hoping to see discussion or just to see what people are talking about and just see a string of YouTube links? So not interested.

MrBrau1 said:
It's SRV beating his guitar up, and Prince being a douche bag.

I take issue with that douche bag remark. Usually, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame ceremony ends with a jam featuring the most important inductees' music. Normally, that year's celebration would have featured Prince's music, but because George Harrison had recently died, they centered the jam around him. Prince took over halfway through, and in the course of playing the Clapton role in While My Guitar Gently Weeps, showed every one on stage and in the crowd who the real genius was. Even Harrison's son Dhani was impressed; check out the look on his face.

Prince may have been acting cocky, but that night should have been centered around him, not Harrison, who's a bit of a musical footnote by comparison.

corianderstem said:

I'm witcha!

UberBeaver said:

ETA - ok, dragonforce is not a joke per se, they are kicking some ass I'm sure, but they remind of Headbangers Ball from the late 80s early 90s, I guess.

you didn't find that hysterical? The over the neck tapping? The balding, long haired guitar player?

The singer?

The Japanese audience?

The whole thing is a comic masterpiece.

lazarus said:

I take issue with that douche bag remark. Usually, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame ceremony ends with a jam featuring the most important inductees' music. Normally, that year's celebration would have featured Prince's music, but because George Harrison had recently died, they centered the jam around him. Prince took over halfway through, and in the course of playing the Clapton role in While My Guitar Gently Weeps, showed every one on stage and in the crowd who the real genius was. Even Harrison's son Dhani was impressed; check out the look on his face.

Prince may have been acting cocky, but that night should have been centered around him, not Harrison, who's a bit of a musical footnote by comparison.

Meh. I love Prince, but the solo wasn't even that impressive. And his lack of interaction with the band is completely off-putting.

Hardly a "who's Clapton" example. In fact, it does the opposite. Who the fuck is Prince?

Back
Top Bottom