Unpopular musical opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda dig the "Look out below!" ending of Wake Up. And the Dylan hate is beyond me. Dylan is the man, man. Highway 61, Bringin It All Back Home, Freewheelin, Blonde on Blonde...these are classics. And Blood on the Tracks is the shit. That guy was going through hell and he captured it perfectly on record.

Idiot Wind FTW.

I'd be better off listing the songs on Blood that I dislike than the ones I like... it's one of my favorite albums.

That being said, I totally get why people "appreciate" Dylan over actively liking him, that much is certain.

The ending to Wake Up feels like one of those 80s songs with the up tempo beat but that was gloriously depressing and shoegazey. Does that make sense? It's ok if you think I'm nuts on that one.

As for Dylan. I don't get it, I grew up on him, was deluged with him, and I can still sit thru hours of it and love it. Just me, I guess.

BTW, while we're on the subject, Coldplay tacking Chinese Sleep Chant onto the end of Yes was 10 times more awkward than the ending of Wake Up. That still cracks me up whenever I hear it. Talk about shooting for musical composition status and failing.

BTW, while we're on the subject, Coldplay tacking Chinese Sleep Chant onto the end of Yes was 10 times more awkward than the ending of Wake Up. That still cracks me up whenever I hear it. Talk about shooting for "musical composition" status and failing.

What? No way! That sound at the end of Yes as Sleep Chant begins is awesome! Besides, they're almost like 2 different songs.

The only thing I agree with. :wink:

If you'd agreed with nothing; my opinions would been completely unpopular and my dreams of complete indieness would of been fulfilled :sad:

:sad: I love Accelerate!

The songs sound better live at least...

One thing that firmly makes Neon Bible better than Funeral is that on that album, they actually know how to finish a song, and don't go into this weird, out-of-place dance-y thing after every epic track. Listen to the ends of "Wake Up" and "Crown of Love" and you'll see what I mean.

I guess I need to add another one

The ending of Wake Up is insanely awesome

Well that totally makes sense now why you hate the ending, I mean, U2 obviously does too...

:wink:

I actually did not comment on the ending, but, to be honest, I'm not a big fan of the ending. And, you're not completely wrong, actually....I finally listened to the whole song after the tour, heard the end for the first time and was all "WTF?".

I just picked up a used copy of Michigan! :hyper: I'm looking forward to hearing it, finally.

Pfft. Buckley was talented. He was very talented! But his pre-death output was not nearly so outstandingly amazing that he should have been elevated to such sainted status, with every lip fart and murmur he ever recorded to have been released poshumously.

Well, as one who saw him perform many times during all stages of his career, I really disagree. I went to his memorial service and the outpouring of grief was astonishing. Most anyone who saw him perform more than once could see he was special and fans have demanded all these posthumous releases, and I haven't seen these releases particularly over-hyped but perhaps I haven't followed it closely. I also admit that I'm not particularly objective since he was also a neighbor and an acquaintance, and I adored him. But I do appreciate that the material we're left with is somewhat uneven. I just think his best was yet to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom