Unpopular musical opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
- Kid A almost entirely sucks, including "Everything in Its Right Place."

- John Frusciante is better than Red Hot Chili Peppers.

- It's impossible to listen the whole way through a Bob Dylan album.

Disagree.

Agree.

Will fight you.

Should "Wake Up," in all of its epic glory, end sounding like a Scissors Sisters song? I don't think so.

I think it sounds like them trying to imitate Baba O'Reily's ending, personally. Either way, it's an awful end to a good song.

- Kid A almost entirely sucks, including "Everything in Its Right Place."

- John Frusciante is better than Red Hot Chili Peppers.

- It's impossible to listen the whole way through a Bob Dylan album.

Disagree.

Agree.

Worst thing you've ever posted.

Dylan's great if you're sitting there reading his astounding lyrics. If you're forced to listen to the man sing, I just don't understand how that's pleasant to the ear. Obviously, to each their own, it's subjective, etc, but for me, yeah, just cannot stand the man's voice. But I typed that on page one of this thread.

I think it sounds like them trying to imitate Baba O'Reily's ending, personally. Either way, it's an awful end to a good song.

The immortal Baba.

Sounds more like The Supremes to me, which is at least an old school reference.

Okay, that's fair, but what place does it have in the rest of the song, you know? To me, it doesn't gel, but what can you do? I still love the shit out of that song.

To me it doesn't, it sound's like a throwback to the 80s. Thus increasing it's awesomeness to infinity.

As awesome as Foreigner.

Either way, it's an awful end to a good song.

I agree! The song sounds like it was made to be that epic singalong all the way through and that ending completely kills the mood and ruins the flow! One more thing about Funeral, which you may not agree with since you included this song in your DI list, lol.. is that I cannot seem to get into Une Sans Lumiere or whatever the title is. It bores me. :uhoh:

I like Dylan, and I like his songs, but they drag.

Dylan's great if you're sitting there reading his astounding lyrics. If you're forced to listen to the man sing, I just don't understand how that's pleasant to the ear. Obviously, to each their own, it's subjective, etc, but for me, yeah, just cannot stand the man's voice. But I typed that on page one of this thread.

I don't know, I guess I've kind of learned to tune out the worst parts of his voice and embrace more of the emotion, if that makes sense. I did the same with Thom Yorke.

I've been listening to Blood on the Tracks, Blonde on Blonde, and Modern Times while driving around in The Funk for the past week. Good shit.

Yah whatever buddy, you try being 12 and dancing to Waiting For a Girl Like You with that cute brunette from Grade 8. Then you'll know awesome. :angry:

:wink:

Grade 8? More like Grade 9.

I aim for the stars, son.

I agree! The song sounds like it was made to be that epic singalong all the way through and that ending completely kills the mood and ruins the flow! One more thing about Funeral, which you may not agree with since you included this song in your DI list, lol) I cannot seem to get into Une Sans Lumiere or whatever the title is. It bores me. :uhoh:

Wake Up and Une Anne Sans Lumiere would be monotonous without those bizarre, left-field endings IMO. The latter especially.

The best ending of any Arcade Fire song comes from Ocean Of Noise though, and I don't think this can be debated. That's just so fucking amazing.

I like Waiting for a Girl Like You, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Girl Like You by the Smithereens impregnated Waiting for a Girl Like You, denied being the baby daddy, lost the court case, lost the appeal, matched the DNA test by 99.9%, and STILL hasn't paid that bitch child support. THAT is how much better a song it is. You're confused.

Wake Up and Une Anne Sans Lumiere would be monotonous without those bizarre, left-field endings IMO. The latter especially.

The best ending of any Arcade Fire song comes from Ocean Of Noise though, and I don't think this can be debated. That's just so fucking amazing.

It works with Une because nothing really goes on and it's awesome as shit, with "Wake Up," I think a better close could've been used than what we got... but it's still 9/10 of a killer song.

Hell yes. Ending a song with horns is always an ingredient for a terrific close.

Girl Like You by the Smithereens impregnated Waiting for a Girl Like You, denied being the baby daddy, lost the court case, lost the appeal, matched the DNA test by 99.9%, and STILL hasn't paid that bitch child support. THAT is how much better a song it is. You're confused.

The Smithereens bore me.

The ending to Une Anne Sans Lumiere is fantastic. I hate the ending to Wake Up. The former rocks, the latter just feels unnecessary, and too contrasting to the epic feel of the song that made it good in the first place.

I kinda dig the "Look out below!" ending of Wake Up. And the Dylan hate is beyond me. Dylan is the man, man. Highway 61, Bringin It All Back Home, Freewheelin, Blonde on Blonde...these are classics. And Blood on the Tracks is the shit. That guy was going through hell and he captured it perfectly on record.

Idiot Wind FTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom