Unleashed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
Has this been released in N. America yet? I saw the trailer the other day. I think it's got a good few weeks until it shows here, but it looks really promising.

Dear myusernamehere,

It is the story of a guy called Danny (played by Jet Li) who is enslaved to some baldy horrible man who treats him very poorly and trains him to fight to kill (?) as soon as this metal collar around his neck is undone. Somehow a blind man (Morgan Freeman) finds him, and takes care of him, gaining his trust and learning him on how to live well. This is the gist I gathered from the rather arty trailer anyway. The horrid baldy man wants Danny/Li back though, to fight in some...thing...and tracks him down. imdb.com has some info, and my curiosity is piqued.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0342258/

If anyone has seen it, or has a comment, I'd love to hear it.

faithfully yours,
Me again
:kiss:

The horrible baldy guy is Bob Hoskins. He was the detective in Who Framed Roger Rabbit? There was an interview with him in last week's Entertainment Weekly, but I don't think it said when the movie is coming out.

Dear Angela Harlem,

I have seen the previews/ads for this. I must say it was not a film that appealed to my senses; thus I must have not payed too much atttention to it. Please do not be offended as I do not know much about this film of which you speak. However; I am confident in the future that there will be someone who has seen it and will be able to fully answer your query.

Best of Luck

myusernamehere.

P.S. There is another user with a name quite similiar to yours, are the two fo you related?

Dear myusernamehere,

Thank you for replying again. It is lovely to catch up with you at random times like this. I must say, that fighting and violence is not my usual cup of tea either, and Mr Li is not an actor I usually seek. It was Mr Freeman who originally got my attention, as I am yet to see him in a bad movie. I did happen to notice that there were user posted reviews on imdb, which made me wonder if it had been shown somewhere in America already. Perhaps it is one of the few that we will get at the same time as everyone else. It does suck to live in the boondocks at times.

As for my imposter, alas, no. There is only one Angel 'a Harlem, and that is me, little lonely me. I too, have noticed her. I say we banish her immediately. Banish!

[legal disclaimer for imposter: I kid...]

I remain devotedly yours,
A'la Harlem

PS, thanks Miss Becky. I thought he was familiar.

PPS, I forgot to reply to one of your journal entries about anguished or something or other fans, miss username, and I meant to clarify that it sounded like you were talking about this place which has a common 'bash the U2 critiquer' mandate. Your entry was about objective criticism thusly making someone a non-fan, which is bullshit. As we all know. I am rambling and you perhaps will not even recll, so this will be all moot.

Dear A. Harley,

In regards to the confusion over one of my past letters; I was taking a good natured jab at the extreme fanaticism that worms its way around most any type of forum. The "superfan" is an conglomeration of numerous different types of people, who are soley concerned about thier status of being a fan. As opposed to actually being a fan; if that makes any sense. So in reality the person whom the letter was directed does not actually exist, at least I hope not. It would be easy to say "hey it's about this place," and be partly right; however, if that letter was placed on any other board, people would relate to it as well. You can easily substitute "U2 Superfan" for "REM Superfan," "Coldplay Superfan," "Justin Timberlake Superfan," etc... it all means the same.

Yet, I see we have gone terribly off topic and some of the powers that be around here may find it necessary to bring out the ever useful padlock. So I will conclude by saying that I liked Jet Li in that Lethal Weapon movie; and I may have seen an ad or two for this recent film, but in light of the deluge of the Star Wars media WMD's I fear it just got lost at the theaters.

thanks

myusernamehere

Back
Top Bottom