Unkle - Rabbit in Your Headlights (feat. Thom Yorke)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
I must say I love this song, which was done in 1998. It makes me think that, perhaps, this was where Radiohead's more avant-garde style was inspired from?

The video was banned by MTV too for being "too disturbing." Download it if you wish (Note: it is "disturbing" probably because this guy gets hit by a car several times, but it is not done in a bloody/disgusting way).

Anyway, Radiohead fans / non-fans alike, watch the video and tell me what you think. Try and get the MP3 if you like it, because the full song is about two minutes longer.

What do you think?

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

I have a six hour tape of MTV AMP videos a friend made me, and the UNKLE video is on it. It's brilliant. It IS disturbing because nobody seems to care that this person people mistake for being crazy keeps getting hit by cars. It makes me wince every time I see it.

But the end of the video. OMG, the end takes my breath away! It's mindblowing and hits you in the gut, and heroic in a sense but I can't put it into words.

Definitely a must see video. It's one of the best videos out there imo.

Damn, that was an extremely intense video. Great one at that though. Thanks for the link! I sent it to a friend of mine who loves Unkle.

Back
Top Bottom