Underrated Beatles songs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lazarus said:
Dig A Pony from Let It Be. One of my favorite Lennon tracks. I can't figure out why this isn't a classic. John screaming "All...I Want...Is You!" and then going right into that falsetto with the "Be...cause". Fucking amazing. Ringo crashing on the cymbals...

Hey laz, I think it's because the Let It Be album has been trashed by critics and even some members of the band. But "Dig A Pony," "I, Me, Mine," and "I've Got A Feeling" all really great songs. Songs that a lot of bands will kill to write and record themselves.

corianderstem said:
And Your Bird Can Sing!

:rockon:

Agreed! perfect, punchy pop song that gets a bit overlooked in Revolver...I'd also add "Its All Too Much" ( a song I never see discussed) and "Birthday", which is a rollicking song with a fantastic vocal.

Martha my dear is one of my favorite songs by them, but is rarely recognized as being great.

I don't think Blackbird is underrated. Every Beates fan seem to love it. It's one of their best songs, in my opinion. And defenitly one of my favorite Beatles songs.
:bow:

i think "blackbird" is overrated. but that's because i can't see what everyone thinks is so great about it, and it's always listed as being this wonderful song. if you're talking about white album quiet mccartney songs, i'd take "i will" over "blackbird" any day.

martha my dear is great.

and your bird can sing is great.

man, all these songs are great and now i must go listen to the beatles.

Popmartijn said:

Indeed, there's nothing wrong with perfect pop songs. Love Me Do is great, as is Eight Days A Week and Please Please Me. She Loves You is (even less than) 2 minutes of brilliance. :up:

eight days a week :drool:

I think most "guys" like Blackbird because it isn't a sappy McCartney love song in a slower tempo. It's got a great melody which is infectious and has you humming it all day long.

I Will is a great song too, but its more slanted towards the ladies...like yourself.

I'd also say Rocky Raccoon is underrated. It's not obscure, but I think it's one of Paul's 5 best songs. It might seem like a stupid story, but the "when Gideon checked out/he left it no doubt/to help with good Rocky's revival" is just great writing. Very witty, and a musical style that wasn't too common in late 60's rock.

Another underrated Paul song, and another of his best, is Why Don't We Do It In The Road?, which is great because it's so un-Paul. It sounds like something John would have done, and it's a nice break from the normal cheese that we get from McCartney--garbage like Honey Pie.

lazarus said:
Another underrated Paul song, and another of his best, is Why Don't We Do It In The Road?, which is great because it's so un-Paul. It sounds like something John would have done, and it's a nice break from the normal cheese that we get from McCartney--garbage like Honey Pie.

Reminds me of Oh Darling! Even though it's a McCartney love song, I just love those vocals!

Back
Top Bottom