Underrated Bands/Musicians

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
paxetaurora said:

Of course, his song on the Big Daddy soundtrack, "Instant Pleasure," is one of my all-time favorites:

I don't want somebody to love me
just give me sex whenever I want it

It's a hilarious, swaggering song.

NAUGHTY!!! :sexywink:

HeadsOnSticks said:
Did they sing "Deeper Shade of Soul????"

Yep, that's also one of their songs (from their first album Mental Floss For The Globe). I think it was their biggest hit in the USA, reaching 20-something on the Billboard 100.

And for the record, Dave Grohl DOESN'T like Kylie. He likes her ASS.

From Q magazine (issue 200):
Who do you love?
My family, my extended family, my very close friends and Kylie Minogue

:tongue:

C ya!

Marty

Everyone who mentioned the Cardigans.. and actually everyone :p... be sure to check out 'A Camp' It's a project with Nina persson, the vocalist from cardigans with the dude from sparklehorse and some other people. It's very very excellent. Seriously very very excellent. So everyone buy it now.

womanfish said:
I have a feeling that Heads On Sticks, paxetaurora and I have very similar CD collections.

Every time you guys post about the bands you like, I can't agree more.

I was going to mention Cardigans especially, they are awesome. But also Lucinda Williams, Better Than Ezra, and N.E.R.D.

Also one of my favorite bands is Fountains of Wayne. They also had just one hit, but they are incredible. They are the pop masters in my opinion. If you don't own Utopia Parkway or Welcome Interstate Managers, you really need to check em out. Oh hell, their first album is really good too.

Also, The Pernice Brothers. One of the best bands I have heard in a looooooooong time. And they are off the radar.

fountains of wayne!!!

whoohooo!

HeadsOnSticks said:
I'm sure someone already posted it, but I'll add Interpol to my list. Their album "Turn On The Bright Lights" is a must have for anyone that likes Joy Division, The Cure, The Smiths, and any other 80's influenced acts.

Interpol

At The Drive In/Mars Volta

Wow, what a suprise that we both like Interpol....

I highly agree with At the Drive In, but for some reason I havent been impressed with Mars Volta at all. Honestly, I prefer Sparta over all of them. Me like.

The Shins
Cake
Jurassic 5
Bouncing Souls

u2popmofo said:

Wow, what a suprise that we both like Interpol....

I highly agree with At the Drive In, but for some reason I havent been impressed with Mars Volta at all. Honestly, I prefer Sparta over all of them. Me like.

The Shins
Cake
Jurassic 5
Bouncing Souls

LOL! Yeah, surprise surprise! I'd actually have to agree w/u mofo. Sparta IS better than Mars. Good call. :up:

i agree with so many on here...ok, definitely
elbow
south (how can you not get attention with a name like joel cadbury?!)
starsailor (although they are getting a decent amount of attention with the new album and all over here)
doves and damien rice both got great glasto reviews and i have a good feeling about that...damien rice's album sales went up by some crazy amount...
the frames
neil halstead
mojave 3
ed harcourt (he deserves SO much attention)
And of course, sfa, delgados, etc as others said :)

I can't believe no one mentioned BIG COUNTRY! A great Scotish Rock band with 8 studio albums and Stuart Adamson who was a big influence on the EDGE. Great band live too.

gotta echo many that have been mentioned,
Interpol....:up:
Elbow
The Frames
and also add

Turin Brakes
Pinback
Grandaddy

my brain is off, add more later.

Paradise Lost! Probably the most underrated band of the 90's :scream:
Their style is dark rock, some would called them goth-metal.
Highly recommended if anyone wants to listen to some rockin music.
Katatonia! Same style as Paradise Lost but more dark.
Agalloch is bad ass too.
Thats all at the moment.......

Last edited:
Porcupine Tree are great!

I took a bit of a gamble buying 'In Absentia' cos I hadn't heard much by them before but eh it was bargainous so I bought it and now I'm so glad I did! :D

Phil Collins.

Think about all the songs this guy has written or co-written, performed, etc. He's amazing, yet considered by the masses to be pop garbage, a sorry reminder of the 1980's. I think he's a genius and while I guess he was once a popular star, I think he was never appreciated like he should have been.

"In the Air Tonight"
"I Missed Again"
"I Don't Care Anymore"
"Misunderstanding"
"Sussudio"
"One More Night"
"Don't Lose My Number"
"Who Said I Would"
"Take Me Home"
"Separate Lives"
"Two Hearts"
"Groovy Kind of Love"
"Another Day in Paradise"
"Do You Remember?"
"Something Happened On the Way to Heaven"
"I Wish it Would Rain Down"
"That's All"
"No Reply At All"
"Land of Confusion"
"Tonight, Tonight, Tonight"
"Mama"
"In Too Deep"
"Throwing it All Away"
"I Can't Dance"
"No Son of Mine"
"Jesus He Knows Me"
"Hold on My Heart"
"Against All Odds (Take a Look At Me Now)
"You Can't Hurry Love"
"Hang in Long Enough"
"You'll Be in My Heart"
"Two Worlds"
"Everyday"
"Both Sides of the Story"
"Dance Into the Light"
"Can't Stop Loving You"
"Wake-up Call"
"Never a Time"

The Church -- 23 years and never a totally sucky release. Dual guitarists of such quality most bands would be thrilled with just one. A fabulously inventive bassist, with an incredibly cool, sensual voice, and the skills to write absolutely poetic lyrics. And a multi-talented drummer. And turning out their best work right now.

And they can give incredibly funny interviews also.

Last edited:
yeblik said:
The Church -- 23 years and never a totally sucky release. Dual guitarists of such quality most bands would be thrilled with just one. A fabulously inventive bassist, with an incredibly cool, sensual voice, and the skills to write absolutely poetic lyrics. And a multi-talented drummer. And turning out their best work right now.

And they can give incredibly funny interviews also.

I've heard of them. They had that one hit Under The Milky Way Tonight. That's a s much as I know of them :huh:

Back
Top Bottom